Viewing 5 reply threads

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull
      1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

The next season is more than 7 months away. All kinds of craziness can happen in that time period.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Don’t worry helps on the way …

THE REAL U

@therealutahutes
      ·
      1h
      4 ⭐️ QB Isaac Wilson on a visit at @Utah_Football with his mom, Lisa.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Class of 2024, so no help this year even if he were to become a Ute.

3 3

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I hope Nate Johnson is ready. As much as I love the pig farmer, he’s not a pac 12 starter.

TxUte
      Ute Fan
      @txute

The guy’s name is Bryson Barnes!

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Considering the Pac-12 as a whole, I’d say that there is greater than an 80% chance that Utah’s next starting QB will be a transfer who will most likely have started games at his previous school.

Keep your eyes on the portal in May as most likely Johnson or Rose will need to make a decision, especially if Barnes finishes spring ball as the titular QB1 (until Rising returns). Three QB’s in the same class isn’t sustainable long term. for either the kids or the program.

As much as many – myself included – are glad that Rising will be back in 23, it has created a huge problem for Utah at QB. Even if you assume that Howard is okay running scout team this fall, you still have 3 QB’s with roughly the same eligibility remaining who all expected Rising to be gone after 2022. I guarantee each of them had it in their plan to learn everything they could last year and put themselves into position for the starting job in 23. Not only has that gone out the window, they really don’t know what job they are auditioning for in the spring. Is it QB1 because Rising can’t rehab in time for the season? Is it QB2 where they will get a lot of reps to keep Rising fresh but they won’t ever get into games?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.