Quick look at AZ

Viewing 3 reply threads

Swoop Doggy Dogg
      Ute Fan
      @swoopdoggydogg

Looking at some stats of Arizona paint a favorable picture for Utah. They have some defects where you don’t want to be weak against the Utes strengths. 

On offense, the Wildcats give up a lot of sacks. Of P5 teams, they are in the bottom six at protecting their QB. To compound this issue, they supposedly have three starting O lineman injured and their back up left tackle also got injured. So third string LT against one of the PAC 12’s leader in sacks? Could be ugly. 

Their offense is efficient at moving the ball, averaging 470 ypg, but that doesn’t translate into points. They are a top 20 team in total offense, but 65th in scoring offense. 

Their net punting is one of the two worst P5 teams in the country too, so Utah could see some shorter fields. 

On defense, the two stats that jump out are a horrible 3rd down defensive conversion rate. If Utah can stay ahead of the chains, they can simply sustain long drives that eat up the clock and gas the defense. 

The other noticable stat is a bad passing efficiency defense. Utah should be able to run the ball and that will open passing lanes, when they drop guys into the box. Look for explosive plays in the passing game again. 

Overall, if Utah plays the way they have been playing, this should be another multiple TD victory. Some keys are not allowing Tate to run wild on QB scrambles to sustain drives or worse, for explosive plays. Keep JJ Taylor in check.  Make them one dimensional to bring pressure against a porous offensive line and get some turnovers. On offense, get into 3rd and shorts and sustain long drives that suck the life from the defense. Then hit them over thr top with explosive passing plays. 

I think Utah covers the huge point spread. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’d take the utes to cover, and the under.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Wilner is picking the Devils to beat the Ducks.  Hope that doesn’t happen but ASU is tought to beat in Tempe.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Only way ASU salvages a season that started hot. 

Swoop Doggy Dogg
        Ute Fan
        @swoopdoggydogg

I saw a CFB Reddit post a few weeks back that was talking about which team in every conference is the scariest to play. Not in terms of an Ohio State or Alabama that is a blue blood. But a team that is middle of the pack and beats you when they probably shouldn’t, type of scenario.

Most of the PAC 12 responses were one of the AZ schools.

Big 10 was Northwestern. Sent shivers down my spine. That Holiday Bowl last year still is a head scratcher. Never seen a quarter of Utah football like that one.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

They weren’t too tough for Colorado.  Just sayin’…..

sweetgrass
          Ute Fan
          @sweetgrass

yea, how the %$#% did that happen anyway?  

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Wilner has had some idiotic opinions this year. In his AP ballot this week, he put Utah at #11 behind two teams with two losses, Michigan and Florida. 

He’s crazy.  ASU is not going to beat Oregon.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

He’s been more inconsistent and loopy this year with his ballot and his opinions.

Guido
        Ute Fan
        @guidopescatore

Arizona State who lost to Oregon State last week?  I would honestly be surprised if they cover the 14.5 point spread.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Arizona has fired defensive line coach Iona Uiagalelei.

— Jason Scheer (@JasonScheer) November 21, 2019

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

Wow!!! That program is imploding as we speak – I suspect this will be the most lopsided win of the year for Utah.  This, in a year of several lopsided wins.

Wish I had put this game on my away game list for this year.  Although the beatdown in Corvallis was fun :).

Go Utes!

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Wonder if he was hired to try to woo his nephew to UA (DJ Uiagalelei – 5* #1 QB ) and let him go after he committed to Clemson

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Quick look at AZ