Quinn Ewers

Viewing 2 reply threads

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

So i just watched Ewers scramble for a 30 yard TD. Amazing what the threat of a pass game will do to open things up for a mobile QB.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Texas is supposed to have a QB or 2 transfer out after this season. We should grab one. They can properly develop QB’s. We should take Ohio State’s Devin Brown too.

UteHorn21
        Ute Fan
        @utehorn21

Who is allegedly leaving Texas? Ewers will most likely declare leaving a QB competition for Maalik Murphy and Arch Manning, neither of which are leaving. I guess I could see Murphy leaving if Manning wins the job but I doubt it.

How many players we gotta give the Utes lol?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Ewers may not be able to go to the league after this year. He reclassified to come out of high school after his junior year so it will depend on if the NFL decides to consider his clock with his new graduating class or the one for his age group. The rule says you aren’t eligible for 3 years and the NFL has gone to court to keep kids from entering the league before that.

How many do we have to give to the Utes?

Just all of the ones you aren’t using 🙂

UteHorn21
            Ute Fan
            @utehorn21

We need some speed at safety. And I really like Barton. A trade would be sweet 😆

ReconUte
      Ute Fan
      @reconute

The problem is why would any of these QBs choose to come to Utah? If I was a high level recruit or transfer I probably wouldn’t. I mean I’d give Utah a look but that’s about it. Utah doesn’t develop QBs and they seldom have WRs that make a difference. Who was the last WR to make an nfl roster? T. Patrick?

Look Ludwig is a good OC. Other professionals say he is as well. So knowing this I just can’t wrap my head around why Utah is always behind when it comes to offensive skill positions? I think it comes down to Ludwig being a genius and like most geniuses in any faction of life they tend to have poor social skills and the inability to communicate effectively with others. I just don’t think he has a good connection with recruits and that type of personality rubs them the wrong way.
      Utah desperately needs a Brian Johnson type of mind and personality at least as a QB coach.
      I don’t know maybe I’m up in the night with this…

SOWhat
        Ute Fan
        @sowhat

Recon, question for you, was Utah’s offense bad last year? I think that they did plan for Cam and Brant being out, it’s the other injuries that have fouled things up on the offense. For those fans that are suggesting that Cam is on the team this year to just to collect his NiL don’t know s…t. As Whit said, he want to play badly but the decision to play is up to the medical team, not Cam’s or Whit’s. He’ll play when the Doctors say he’s ready.

1 1

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

I don’t trust a damn thing Whitt says about injuries. He said Cam was a game time decision for Florida. We now know that was a blatant lie. Barnes said he was notified that he’d be the starter like 10 days before. Whitt said Cam was cleared for practice with no limitations the day of the Florida game. He completely lied about his availability for that game.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

From everything we’ve read, it seems like Ludwig’s offense is fundamentally flawed. We’ve heard that it’s complex and like an NFL style offense. We’ve heard it’s difficult to master, hence why Bentley and Brewer didn’t pan out, aside from them also just not being that good. If that’s true, it’s fundamentally flawed. In the age of the transfer portal when QB’s transfer at the drop of a hat, your offense shouldn’t be extremely complex and difficult to master. Cam has been here since 2019 and spent the entire 2019 season in the booth with Ludwig to learn the offense. That is incredibly unheard of in modern CFB.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.