RIP PAC 12, JON WILNER

Viewing 4 reply threads

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

According to Wilner, U$C, UCLA to join B1G as early as 2024. Pending Final approval by highest ups.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That would move us up from #3 or #4 in the Pac-12 to #2 or #3 IMO. 

PAC12Teams
      Ute Fan
      @utahbb

RIP PAC 

ColumbiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @columbiaute

I think this is a leveraging move to get more share of the upcoming media deal. You really see USC play Wisconsin in Madison? I’m not buying this. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I’ve considered this possibility too. However, UCLA doesn’t go without USC. If the conference wants to keep them, everyone only needs to give up money to USC to get them Big 10 money. Currently, that would only be about $1m per school. I’m not sure what that will end up being with the new media deals because they’re not out yet. I’m sure Kliavkov will be working with the presidents to try to make USC happy. We’ll see what happens.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Surprising, of course. But not entirely unexpected.

The future of the P12 is now fully dependent on UW and Oregon. If they stay, the P12 is still a stronger conference than the Big12 and the P12 will poach the Big12.

If UW and Oregon leave, the P12 is a sinking ship and will be raided by the Big12. Whatever is left in the P12 will take the best of the MWC and it will become a G5-level conference. 

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Possibly, the Cali schools are trying to get special benefits from the Pac. I am surprised that UCLA would separate from Stanford and Cal. If this was to happen, I expect the 6 best schools in the Big 12 would have the option to join the Pac which would be a better option then the planned Big 12 today. Nebraska has not met their Big 10 dreams and could come this way. UCLA and USC will get buried in the Big 10 and have to learn to live in airports since 3 schools are on the east coast. Try to imagine 2 very long travel days in half your football weeks and expect to win in November. The key is what to do next with the schools not in the SEC and Big 10 in the west half of the country and the Pac should still be in the driver seat for that. I expect we will trade a game in Texas each year for the game we had in SoCal.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 RIP PAC 12, JON WILNER