Rising ACL Setback?

Viewing 8 reply threads

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

There’s a rumor circulating on Twitter that Cam experienced a setback in his recovery and won’t be ready for the beginning of the season. I know that anything on Twitter should be taken with a grain of salt, but wondering if anyone has any insights into the validity of this?

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

It was a rumor started by a known zoob with no sources….Sounded made-up to me.

zoob tweet

11 1

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

the karen that started that rumor also said Taylor Randall was meeting with the MWC and WAC and that Utah athletics has so much debt they’re going to need to file for bankruptcy… 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

This would not be the least bit surprising considering how he was/is allegedly on a borderline miraculous recovery path.

this news (if true) would fall under the “expected” category for me.

But likely not true.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativism. Consider the lilies of the goddamned field!

5 3

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Love that movie… but I disagree regarding my attitude. I don’t see my comment as negative at all. I didn’t suggest that I believed the tweet, I didn’t say anything bad about anyone or anything.

All i said is that I wouldn’t be surprised. Honestly, if you WERE surprised, I have to question your judgment. Football players get hurt all the time.

Sometimes I do say negative things. This is not one of those times. Is it optimistic? No. Is the only alternative to optimism negativity? No.

I’m not surprised when oft injured people suffer setbacks to injury recovery. That isn’t negativity. Negativity would be me saying something like, “yeah, I bet he really is injured, that would be just his luck, I bet he never fully recovers.”

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

Considering the 8 downvotes you received, none of which were mine, perhaps others don’t share your same viewpoint that your comments were objective only and not negative.

One area to consider is speech that employs, “absolutes”. “The least bit”, “miraculous”. I’m sure Jesus rolls over in his grave every time he hears someone call 7 months in, of a 9-month healing, miraculous.

I was being facetious about Jesus in the grave, He is risen!

7 5

RoboUte
              Ute Fan
              @hamplate

People on team specific sports boards downvote anything thats not 100% positive beyond belief and saccharine-sweet on any topic regardless of how true it is. He wasn’t downvoted because what he said was negative or untrue or anything but an opinion, but because he has dared to be anything but nigh psychotically positive about an injury. That and there’s a bunch of people downvoting him because their extra fragile fee fees are hurt about him not being positive in the past. They have to downvote when they see his name out of the spite of the smallest most pathetically petty grudge imaginable.

Fanboards sometimes get this weird stepford wives sort of culture where no one is allowed to disagree or frown and anyone that does is shouted down and ostracized. This board is getting there fast.

3 1

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

Objective only and not negative? I’m not sure what you mean. I didn’t claim my comment was objective. Objectivity hasn’t even been brought up (not by me anyway), and if it were I would say that objectivity isn’t a realistic expectation of a fan. I just said that I didn’t see my comment as being negative, and suggested that there is an alternative to positivity that isn’t negativity (I offered no suggestion regarding what that alternative might be).

Also, I appreciate your opinion about what I meant to say when I said what I said, but I prefer to trust in my own interpretation of the words I myself wrote.

I care about discussion. I write in absolutes to fan the flames when discussion isn’t happening. I admit that this may result in people jumping to conclusions about the tone of my posts, but that doesn’t mean that people are right to do so (not that I really care, downvote all you want).

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

I visited with Cam in person at the Ute football campus late last week and he looked absolutely fine. I’ll leave it at that.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

😂

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

I abandoned ALL social media about a year ago…best thing I’ve done (from an electronics standpoint) in a long time.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

Lmaoo

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Twitter is full of great information as long as you assume the opposite. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Greetings from rural Greece. With the super slow internet here it took me a long time to delete all the political comments in this thread. Please do your best to keep on topic. 🙂

Max
      Ute Fan
      @maxaltitude99

He’s working out and throwing every day. People can go by and see for themselves.

1 6

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Lmao every time I edit a comment it creates a copy of the original unedited comment below.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Lol.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Robo: please give me the exact reproduction steps and I’ll see if we have a bug to fix. Also app or website??

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Website, Firefox

Made a comment and saw typos. So I click “open” below the comment>click “edit” in the new view>make my edits>click submit. This usually works fine but what ended up happening was this: 10-30 seconds after the comment was edited a new comment appeared below it, which was the original unedited text of the comment.

This happened three times and stopped on the fourth. I can’t say what I changed on the fourth time but it’s possible I had the edit function open in more than one tab? I’m just guessing becasue I killed all other tabs on the final edit, which was never duplicated.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Firefox???

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Going try to repro it in FF. Works fine in Chrome. Are you hitting the back button or reloading the browser? Are you opening the edit in a new tab? Thanks for the information.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

The orange one

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising ACL Setback?