cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Link

This sucks so bad. 2020!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What’s the exact injury? Article doesn’t say.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Full tear of the labrum (superior) with some potential long head bicep tendon damage (unconfirmed but that’s what I’ve been told). 6 months before he’s throwing (most likely). Would feel better about next year if this had happened in September but like I said last night I think Bentley sticks around now vs. leaving after this season. Rising could still pull a medical which gives him another year if he struggles with recovery or arm strength. You’ll probably see a higher level QB transfer in as well because this has the potential to open things up a bit if he doesn’t respond well to recovery.

All kinds of baseball examples both positive and negative but to be sure this is a tough one man.

James
          Ute Fan
          @socaliute

While your input is usually spot on and you’re a great source of information to this site, the diagnosis you have provided is not fully accurate. While the injury is definitely a tough one in terms of recovery time and especially for a throwing athlete, Cameron will be back 100% healthy. What you saw on Saturday didn’t even scratch the surface of what he brings to the table. If all goes well, time will tell. Again, not being critical of you because you are a great source of information, but, didn’t want the picture to be as gloomy as you represented, because its not. Go Utes!!

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

No problem and no offense taken. I believe in Cam. His smile on the sideline in the 2nd Half told you all you need to know about the kid. Didn’t mean to make this sound gloomy just realistic. Drew Brees responded well and Andrew Luck retired from similar injuries. Both ends of the spectrum I know but they had the best surgeons and care money could buy and achieved different results. No guarantees on this one. I also believe in the medical professionals and the rehab process involved at the U. I am an optimist by nature but arm strength will be a question even if all goes as hoped. Fingers crossed for Cam because I 100% believe he’s the real deal.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Well, let’s hope Ludwig and co, can get Bentley to make better decisions. If they can, I think he’s more than capable of moving the offense. I’m hoping also that the O Line was recovering from COVID, and not at full strength. I’m just hoping we have a game to play this weekend, so we can see if there’s improvement.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Looks like Utah will definitely have a game this weekend. Question is who and where.

1 3

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

This might be an unpopular opinion but I like Jake Bentleys game more than Cam Risings.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

What part of his game did you like the most last Saturday night?

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I liked his scramble. I think he was throwing bombs because we were behind. He’ll get the practice reps, and hopefully can play a game where we move the chains, and he isn’t forced to throw long.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

And hopefully he’ll have an O line that shows up

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Curious to know what their contingency plan for QB is this time .. lucky this is a short season. What I did observed Saturday, was anything but impressive ; especially with how much hype was given.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

It was one game, he wasn’t getting the QB1 reps, he had to start playing from behind, and the whole team was rusty and recovering from COVID. Let’s give him a chance before declaring him to be the worst. The negativity from this board is really unwarranted IMHO.

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

Justified or not I think the past 4 weeks have been a struggle for Jake. 5th year Senior, former starter in the SEC loses the starting job. Limited practice because of CoVid and not getting starters reps. Human nature tells me that would be a tough spot to stay motivated and focused. I expect a much better Bentley the rest of the way. He’s talented and now he’s the guy so I expect him to respond well.

4 2

Distantute
                Ute Fan
                @distantute

He cant throw the ball more than 15 yards with any velocity. He had the worst deep balls (ie punts) ive ever seen at any level of football. He made wynn post injury look like he had a cannon for an arm. Now throw in he is a statue behind a god awful line and i cant see great results. Makes you realize how great huntley was having to constantly scramble for his life

4 1

Tednab
                  Ute Fan
                  @tednab

I think Utah has been given too many passes and excuses over the years for their QB decisions. I’m just not going buy all in and drink the kool aid with the hype that gets thrown out there ; neither of them were passing the eyeball test for me ,regardless of how poor the O-Line was playing . TY Jordan on the other hand, first play; dude will be a difference maker

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising out for the season.