Screw basketball. Here’s what I saw today.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      18 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

First of all, it was cold, it was rainy, and it wasn’t the prettiest football I’ve ever seen…and my notes suck. ha ha. 

Here goes:

The day started off with Antezana doing XP and FG’s. Bateman holding. Bateman fumbled the first snap, the rest were good. I think Antezana was perfect on his shots. This was good. 

Then, time for punt duty. Boobie fumbled the first punt. Wilson recieved punts as well. 

Fotu was the lead blocker on a fake punt. This boy is big and he can move. 

Huntley was the first QB out and threw a pick to Fogel. 

Troy Williams then came out. Threw a beautiful ball to Singleton, great grab by Singleton. 

Nacua looked good when he got out there. Made a great play shedding the defender, turning around, the ball was there and he grabbed it. 

This is important because the recievers sucked today. Drops all over the place. 

Field caught a TD from Huntley. 

Falemaka, of the Bo variety looked good on special teams. 

Williams tossed a nice TD pass to Wilson. Nacua with another nice catch. Simpkins, Wilson with catches. Then Henniger had a sack, then Williams had a nice run…

The rest of my notes are just play by play. It boils down to this: 

I only really paid attention to the QB’s. Troy was far and above the best QB today. Huntley was the worst today. Also, Troy was running all over the place, as was Huntley. Troy really looked different out there running the ball. Quick, good decisions, picked up a lot of yards on the ground. The QB run game is real in this offense. The rain really affected Huntley, as his passes floated a lot, were short a lot. The WR’s made plays at times, but dropped the ball a lot more. 

As good as Hamilton looked in practice one, he couldn’t hang onto anything today. Fulks caught the ball a couple times. 

Wilson was the best WR by a large margin. Nacua was next. 

Bateman only had reps with the thirds at the end of practice. He was ok. Better than Huntley, worse than Williams. 

After two practices, I’d rate them as…who knows. lol. After practice 1, I had Huntley/Bateman as #1…today, Troy looked miles better than both of them. 

I’ll be really interested to see how they play this Friday in the scrimmage. 

DHC looked good at RB. If he is our third back, we will be good there. Lots of FB’s in our offense. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for the great report!

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

Thanks for taking the time to check out the practice and a great report.  I appreciate any news on how the football team is looking.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Thanks! I had wondered if they would try more QB run plays this season with all the depth at that position this year. Seems like they are working that angle.

It always terrified me last year when Troy would barrell into the pack. He’s a decent runner, but if he’d been hurt we were in a bad place with Huntley being the only real backup after that other guy, name escapes me, transferred.

I am sooo excited for football season! 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Screw basketball. Here’s what I saw today.