Season Predictions for the Locals (Post 2 of 3)

Viewing 3 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Here is how I see the season playing out for the three local schools . . .
      Next up, BYU
      @ Arizona – L
      vs California – W
      @ Wisconsin – L
      vs McNeese State – W
      @ Washington – L
      vs Utah State – L
      vs Hawaii – W
      vs Northern Illinois – W
      @ Boise State – L
      @ UMass – W
      vs New Mexico – W
      @ Utah – L
      Overall Record: 6-6 – The Cougars should be improved from last year but I won’t be surprised to see them finish 5-7 or 4-8. All of the off-season talk has been about an improved culture and better coaching, but all of that starts to mean precious little if they start the season 1-5. I should pick Cal over BYU, but somehow the Cougars seem to always pick up a win or two they shouldn’t (aside from last year). NIU is another one that I should pick the other way, but I think that is going to be like the Cincinnati and ECU games from a few years back – good, athletic G5 teams that are capable of beating BYU but just can’t pull it off in Provo. Plus, NIU has a brutal start to the season and might be more banged up than BYU. The Huskies play @ Iowa, vs Utah, and @ Florida State in the first 4 weeks of the season.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can’t help it, I see a repeat of last year. Maybe even worse. They’ll get out to a losing streak to open the season. They’ll have very little incentive and start doubting, in-fighting will ensue and they limp to the finish. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Cal will be better than Arizona this year. As hard as our schedule is, getting WSU instead of Cal was a plus. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I agree and my head says Cal beats BYU, but then BYU beats a team like Nebraska or Texas seemingly every year so kind of just a gut feel that Cal struggles and BYU pulls off the upset. If they played Arizona at home and Cal on the road, I would have those games flipped.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I hear ya. I hear ya. 

But Kalani ain’t Bronco.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

The only P5 team Brigham beats end up under .500. Cal is going to be a bowl team and will upset a few good teams this year.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

BYU is going to be terrible this year.  I can see them losing every game except Hawaii.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

That would be amazing. Here’s why – if we put together a decent season and byu is atrocious, it gives us a better chance to grab some local talent – especially if we beat UW, Stanford and USC, who have been pilfering the local kids recently. Alabama will still get theirs though, unfortunately. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Season Predictions for the Locals (Post 2 of 3)