Season

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Utes Go 9-3 if: 

1. Moss stays Healthy 

2. 1 other RB steps up behind Moss 

3. Offense just runs the ball and takes as much off Tyler Huntley as possible. 

Utes D is that good. ST despite the first few games is that good.  If Utes play the clock game and limit TO’s (which is true of any team in every game depsite the offensive game plan). Utes will win 9 games. 

1. Oregon L maybe even WSU. But we can beat standford with this gameplan. I’m not drinking any Koolaid. This is just what hs to happen. I truly believe with our ST and D and a limited boring, time possessiing Offense with limited To’s we will win 9 games. I am terrified of what to see on sat, my fear is this won’t be the case. In that case we will go 7-5. Our D and ST will get us 5 more wins. 

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The happy middle ground of turn Huntley into Hays. Dude can’t even get read right when it is one guy he needs to read and you want Jon Hays version of Huntley?  Shelley and Tuttle can give you that. Hell Covey could. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

It will take more than Moss. Beginning to think Troy Taylor’s system is too complicated for Huntley and the 27 recievers rotated in and out every play. To add, when a pass hits a receiver it’s a crap shoot if anybody will catch it.

You would think Utah’s defense would of battle tested the offense during the off season preparation/training. The offensive problems are very concerning issues that aren’t going to be fixed in two weeks. Receivers who can’t catch and a QB unable to run the offense is a big problem.

Stanford is legit, It will be a grinder. Utah won’t be able to score the 20 points needed to beat the tree.

P12 will be won by Colorado or USC. 

Utah losses. Of course, hope I’m wrong on all of this. + or – a win loss, this record fits the historical record of Utah since being in P12 (28-35 P12 record). Utes won 3 games in the p12 last year. Going with trend considering the offense is worse than last year. 

Losses: WSU, USC, Stanford, Colorado. Oregon, ASU (Swing game-possible WTF loss)

Wins: Arizona, UCLA (ASU swing game)

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

I have thought since the losing streak last season that Taylor’s system was too complicated for Taylor.  He speaks in platitudes about his offensive philosophy that make it sound like a multi course gourmet meal but it looks more like hash than an entree.       

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.