Seattle Times-Husky Football . They pick the Utes to win South.

Viewing 3 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Link

I like to see what other PAC12 members think of us.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Bill Riley has us winning as well.  I know he’s a homer but he’s a fairly reasonable one.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

With expectations being Utah to win the South this year if they go 7-5 or worse how warm does Whitt’s seat get?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Last year, I’d say not at all. With a new AD? Probably not at all. Not yet. Especially if Utah goes 7-5 with this schedule. 

And let’s be real. Unless there is catostrophic injuries, 8 wins is the absolute floor. 

Whitt won’t lose more than 5 games this year. 8-5 is everything goes wrong kind of year. And he will still beat a top 10 team. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Whitt’s seat is ice cold right now and 7-5 won’t do much, if anything, to change that other than in the minds of a very small segment of fans. 

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Completely agree with Whitt having an ice cold seat but I can see a growing rumble of fans starting to question if he’s the right Coach going forward if this year is a let down season. The schedule is brutal and expecting a South division title is ridiculous.

Minneapolitan_Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minneapolitanute

At this point I think Whitt’s a lifer. He’ll never be fired at least. And if the team’s performance drops off substantially, at most he’d be asked to retire.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Things will never get so bad for him it will be necessary to fire him. You are 100% correct retiring him is the most likely option for both parties to save face. 

Rocco Baldelli
      Ute Fan
      @wildcat2237

Arizona fan here. 

The Arizona Daily Star staff just issued their predicitions.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/the-wildcast-episode-pac–football-preview-winners-of-north/audio_10067d04-8bb1-11e8-b21f-479acb660338.html

Beat Writer Michael Lev picked Arizona to win the South. (5:04)

Sports editor Ryan Finley picked Utah. (14:45)

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I wish Utah had Arizona or USC’s conference schedule. Those things are CUPCAKE. If we had their schedules, we’d be the hands on favorite to win the south. 

Arizona’s schedule is so easy and Tate is so good, it wouldn’t shock me if they won 10+ and won the south. I don’t think it will happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

I think USC goes 7-2, Utah and Arizona go 6-3. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks for stopping by @wildcat2237 – do you think that’s possible with a new head coach?

Rocco Baldelli
          Ute Fan
          @wildcat2237

Tony, thanks for the greetings. I’ve been a lurker on this site for 1+ years and finally said what the heck Im signing up. 

Back to your question. Can Arizona win the Pac-12 South?

In my opinion, no, Arizona will not win the Pac-12 South. Why?

1. Arizona has depth problems on the O-Line which could result in some headaches for Kalil Tate. I dont care how fast he is. If he is running for his life he wont be effective. 

2. Arizona has severe talent deficiences at WR. Word here in Tucson is that Kevin Sumlin might actually be altering his playbook because our two tight ends (Nunley and Wolma) are our best recievers. 

3. Arizona’s defensive line still has depth and talent deficiences. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Seattle Times-Husky Football . They pick the Utes to win South.