so has this become the ticket exchange website or what?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 18

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Seriously annoying. Makes it seem like we have a ton of fans that buy tickets w/o actually intending to go to the games.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You dont know how much a ton actually is do you?

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Yes, 2 or 3 is just an insane amount of resales.

1 7

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

that’s why I said, “makes it seem.” I realize it’s not actually that many, but every week there are 5+ that come here and announce that they are selling this, or looking to buy that… It’s obnoxious.

11 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Better than listing them online and some fUCLA fan picking them up. Red in the seat is what matters. 

1 7

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

isn’t there already a facebook group for it though? I’d just rather this site be for discussing Ute sports, not for hocking tickets.

10 1

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

What a dumb post. Any logical person would offer their tickets on a fan site if they can’t make it.

13 1

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

7 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

1 6

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Jeeze… This sure triggered a “lot” of Ute fans eh? (and by a lot I mean two or three obviously).

and my preferred method of time killing is posting random opinions about things rather than scrolling. Thanks for the pro tip though.

Gilly Boy
          Ute Fan
          @gillyboy

I got your back, I too think it’s annoying to see ticket exchanges here.  It’s called ksl classifieds!

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I mean, I’m not trying to forbid anyone from doing it. I just expressed my opinion that it’s annoying and it sends the wrong message when, around gametime, a good portion of the posts on this site are about trying to get rid of tickets. I didn’t think it would be such a touchy subject. I try to make a post or so a day to start up a discussion about some aspect of Ute sports. This site is great, but conent rich it is not (not anyone’s fault, just the nature of the site, and I appreciate that Tony has kept it the way it is). 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Nothing wrong with selling Ute sporting event tickets to Ute fans on a Ute community website.

1 14

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

wrong – no

annoying – yes

AirForceUte
          Ute Fan
          @cdoughboy2000

Offering tickets to Utah sporting events is less annoying than pointing out how annoyed you are with offering tickets to Utah sporting events

2 2

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

A “tickets” forum/category would be good. I don’t think the OP is off base here.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I have season tickets to basketball and football.  On the REALLY rare occasion, that I canot attend a game, and even rarer occasion that I have no friend or family to pass them on too, I ALWAYS come here, offer them at face value or cheaper, TO ENSURE THAT THERE ARE ACTUAL UTE FANS IN MY SEATS!

Yes, a handful of posts about available tickets, get in the way of posts with real content, but they are easily bypassed.  

There does seem to be an unusual number for the UCLA game.  I’m chalking that up to everyone’s certainty that we will win going away.

I would suggest to Tony, that if HE thinks, over time, this starts to distract from the regular board usage, HE could consider a special ticket exchange group (I’m in favor of this idea), or he could ask for people to use other commercially available sites for the exchange of tickets.

In the interim, I’m ecstatiac about the site and will keep coming back.

WingUTE
      Ute Fan
      @wingute

Sheesh, sorry for trying to sell a couple of my tickets that I’m unable to use this weekend.

I have a few season seats and sometimes I don’t have family or friends that are able to join me at the game, so I come to the Ute sites hoping to get them into the hands of some who are able to, at face value.

I list them at KSL also, any place to get them visible.

That said, I wouldn’t mind a “Tickets” category to place them in.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Keep posting. Nothing wrong with it. I think it is a great service to Ute fans to be able to snag/sell tix. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football so has this become the ticket exchange website or what?