So we replaced BYU with Oregon and they may have replaced us with Bama?

Viewing 8 reply threads
      9 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Seems like a win for both teams. Can we do that every year?

10 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

And I say “seems like a win” figuratively. Obviously they’ll get embarrassed by Bama and we’ll probably lose to Oregon.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m ok with it.

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

our defense is gonna learn quick after our first game with Oregon. o.O

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

It’s highly likely the SEC will end up going conference only and their matchup with Alabama won’t happen. Either way, I’m definitely good with replacing TDS with Oregon even if it means a loss. It’s a much better home opener for us.

I say we set the record next year of consecutive wins in the rivalry at 10 and drop them off the schedule for good. Or at the very least, begin scheduling them like we do Utah St…every once in a while on a 2 for 1 basis.

10 2

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Cant believe everyone says we will lose to oregon. What lousy fans. We can beat oregon.

7 1

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I don’t think anyone is saying we can’t beat Oregon. But I definitely wouldn’t be predicting a win. I’m optimistic we’ll reload and be competitive this year. But we’re going to take a step back with all the guys we are replacing, and that’s ok. Doesn’t make you a lousy fan to have realistic expectations…Zoobs are the ones who proclaim themselves preseason national champs every year.

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

Does anyone know if it saves the U or the PAC12 money if BYU can pick up a replacement for us?

2 1

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

From what I understand the contracts contain certain conditions which would make a team exempt. Such as natural disasters, civil disturbances or acts of god. PAC 12 schools will argue this is unavoidable and possibly not have to pay the cancellation fee.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Ducks are replacing quite a bit of their offense including QB, OC, and that O-Line. If our offense can put it together, why not win a shoot out?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

The way things are going with this pandemic, I get the feeling a lot of this rearranging of schedules is going to end up looking like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  In May and June I was hopeful and optimistic, now I just hope there are any football games this year.  Please wear a mask when with others outside your immediate family!!!  Lets get the numbers down!

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Is this a done deal?

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So we replaced BYU with Oregon and they may have replaced us with Bama?