So, what do we know about our next opponent?

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Last year they had a couple of studs on the Dline that gave us fits.  I believe they are both gone.  Looking at the Sagerin formula – we should be about a 20 point favorite.  I don’t know much about this team  They are playing an FCS team tomorrow, so I am not sure we learn much from that.

They have a new coach with 13 starters returning.  They won MAC West last season.  They are picked in the middle of their division this year.  With a new coach, they be somewhat unpredictable.  

What else do we know about these guys?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Felt like we nearly murdered that Qb of theirs last season. This game will be pretty boring and I hope we get to see more Redding to calm fans TF out on the kicking game. Moss gets like 10-12 carry range and calls it a day. Like to see him bust one for a long TD but I don’t think that will happen. NIU seemed fairly disciplined last season. Wilmore and DHC hopefully. Take the top off with Dixon and Covey goes PlayStation mode maybe. Hopefully twos get some experience especially in the defensive backfield. 

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Yup, shouldn’t have to deal with the edge speed that gave us trouble last year. QB is more of a runner that pass threat. Don’t really have anyone that can cause problems. Not going to underestimate them like last year, but it should be just like you said. 2’s come in for the second half. Thankfully the next week is even easier, so we can rinse and repeat and prep for SC.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They gave us fits last year. I think this year will be a different story. I hope we get lots of rest for the crucial players like Moss, Huntley, Covey and so on. I also hope we get a TON of work with the kicking game.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Their defense ran through Sutton Smith, who is a beast. He graduated. So there’s that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, what do we know about our next opponent?