So what happens if…

Viewing 6 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Sark-7 only wins 7 games this year at USC? Would he be fired? Any thoughts Ute fans?

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

From what I have gathered from various media sources, is that Sark was already in a bad spot when he was hired. Lane Kiffin already soaked up a bunch of the good-will/nostalgia people had for Pete Carroll’s assistants, and then when Sark was hired, there was a portion of boosters who thought it was a VERY underwhelming hire. Sark didn’t really wow at Washington, and he’s not wowing currently. Couple that with the bad loss to Stanford, the loss to some teams last year (like Utah) and the whole drunk booster dinner fiasco, and I would say Sark’s seat is just about the hottest in the Pac-12, with Leach right there or just behind.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

I completely agree with your assessment and on another note, people say Washington was in a bad spot (an 0-12 team) when they hired Sarkisian but there was no where else to go but up. He also didn’t coachup any of his 4/5 star guys. They had one good season like their freshman or sophomore seasons, then stagnated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pat Haden is gone.

If he loses to Notre Dame he will be fired this season. He will be fired next season not winning the PAC 12.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

as previously mentioned….. i listen to FOX and ESPN LA all day. He’s in the hot seat for sure. This was Pat Haden’s hire. He embarrassed Pat with the drunken stupor. If he has a poor football season, he’s out. It probably would have lasted another year if it weren’t for the booster part fiasco. Pat now has a reason to fire him and save face. No excuses at troy anymore. full scholy qty. 4-5 star recruits knock on your door. win or else.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

What a tough spot to be in, then you make a complete idiot of yourself by getting drunk at a booster dinner. But here’s another thought, Chip Kelly is sinking faster than the Titanic in Philly and could be looking for work in another 2-3 years, should you hang on to Sark for at least within that time frame hoping that if Chip Kelly becomes available you [USC] can get him?

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I kinda hope they enjoy the mediocrity. I do think he will go before Leach. WSU know’s Leach takes awhile to get his system in place, as long as Craig James’ kid isn’t there he will out last Sark. CJK5H haha. I have not been impressed with Sark and could not understand what made him the hottest coach on the market. Speaking of hot seats, how long does Texas stay with Charlie Strong?

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

I’d give Strong another year, maybe two if things still look like they do today. Cal got really lucky that they missed that FG, but they also looked like the route was on until their ‘D’ ran into that wall and looked like the Cal ‘D’ of last year.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Somebody needs to go get ocgreg on here to provide his input.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

In more towards a general thought – That is the next step for this board, is to be recognized by fans of opposing teams as a place to come post leading up to the games.

THEeyepatch
          Ute Fan
          @theeyepatch1

That’s just gonna take time. Also, if opposing Pac-12 fans come here to ‘check it out’ and all we are talking about is TDS this and TDS that, they might not be too interested posting on a board that seems obsessed with a team not in the Pac-12? Just food for thought.

Hockeybeard
            Ute Fan
            @hockeybeard

Luckily – all that TDS talk will be shut away in vault that you can choose to enter on your own time.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

OCGreg is actually one of my favorite posters there.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Sarkisian steering the USC program

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Complete with the absolute Fail-flop off the runaway cart…love it.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So what happens if…