Some food for thought. Of the top 10 recruits in Florida only ONE stayed in

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

Stayed in state The other nine all went elsewhere out of state.  Point being is it isn’t thst easy to keep your top recruits at home when you’re competing with USC Stanford et al.  

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Yes. We should NEVER expect a five star Utah kid to come to Utah. If it ever does happen, it will be an abnormal thing and not a normal thing. 

Five star kids go to USC. It is what it is. 

1 1

Anonymous
        Inactive

I’m not saying w should never expect one to come to Utah. If I’m Jay Tufele and I’m weighing offers from Utah, USC et al and I have a full ride scholarship I make the decision I believe is in my best interest.   I think we will get to a point where we start getting some of those guys  it’s going to take some time.  We’re still building. 

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

I feel like our depth and quality at DT and DE is what forced Jay’s hand to pick USC.  With Stevie’s success and then departure to the NFL probably helped sway Tufele’s mind that he could come in and start immediately.  At Utah he would have to supplant Lowell in his senior year.  5 stars or not that would have been a huge thing to try and do.  I hope he does well for USC except when we play him.  I know Stevie didn’t have one of his best days playing us and suspect neither will Jay.

Anonymous
            Inactive

I agree, I suspect he saw an opportunity for immediate playing time at USC and the intangible benefits of going there, i.e. beaches, honeys everywhere, warm weather, away from home, storied program etc.

Anonymous
            Inactive

Uhhh Stevie was a monster against Utah I don’t even need to look up his stats because I remember him disrupting everything most of the night. In fact Utah or 2004 was in chat and was cussing his ass up the whole time. 

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

It’s already happened before. We signed a 5-star offensive lineman a few years ago.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

James Aiono from Murray High then Snow was a 5*.

That being said some kids are going to go out of state no matter what because they want to get out and have a new experience, while some want to stay home and play in front of family and friends.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

That is very interesting to hear that about FL recruiting.  Especially when you consider some of the big name programs in FL. 

Sometimes I think it has as much to do about leaving home to experience something new, as it does the other school and the history of that school.  

vcsg01
        Ute Fan
        @vcsg01

I think that you nailed it @cbmute. A lot of kids just want to go have a new experience out of state. Its a bummer that college sports is losing some of its hometown feel but I think its great for the kids, and they are all loved and welcomed into a new community which is really cool.

coachmorse8
      Ute Fan
      @coachmorse8

Recruiting and building a team is an intresting thing.

We lost on Jay, but next year we have Fitts, lowell lotulelei, filipo mokofisi, Bradlee Anae/chris hart (3*) /Max Tupai (4*) that will play we also have Leki fotu, Havili-katoa, Pututau and the new signings for a true freshman to make an impack is very difficult on our D-line we have 3 all conference DL returning this year. 

We need speed right now I think we got faster

we will send 5 OL to the NFL and I believe that we have guys that will step in there as well.

I for one am so excited to see what our offense and our rebuild Defensive secionday can do. 

Top 25 recruiting class with a world class coach is much more important than a star rating.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Some food for thought. Of the top 10 recruits in Florida only ONE stayed in