Some QB stats:

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Troy Williams vs Darnold

TW: 63%, 8.4 y/a, 4 TD, 4 INT (although the last INT vs BYU should not have been an INT)

SD: 64%, 6 y/a, 2 TD, 1 INT

SD has played a bit this year, although it was against second stringers in games SC wasn’t going to win. But, it was against Alabama and Stanford’s second stringers and they are no slouches.

VS Alabama he was 4/8, 29 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

VS Stanford he was 5/7, 45 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT

I think he will come out throwing. I think that he believes he is the next great USC QB and he will try to prove that on the first drive.

I think Helton and Darnold will come out and try to prove to the world that they are SC and the future.

If I’m Scalley, I go full mode “bend don’t break” to start the game. Only send 3 to 4 on the blitz, back everyone else off in zone, and make Darnold make tough throws into tight, tight coverage. See if you can’t get an early TO to swing momentum big time to your team.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Also, Darnold is averaging 2.4 yards per carry. I don’t think he is the runner that everyone is making him out to be.

Anonymous
        Inactive

So far in the season the QB keeper has been the play that has hurt Utah the most though.  So I think we will see him get more touches.  SUU, BYU, and SJSU all had running style QBs that made some plays.  Ask Mr Potter how it feels though after awhile:

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I agree. Losing Fitts was bad for us vs BYU. We do get Chris Hart back this week and I bet Pita T has been working on his contain a lot as well.

This is a HUGE opportunity for Pita T. He is an elite pass rusher, but hasn’t proven anything in the run game. If he can become a solid run stopper, at least eat up blocks and hold contain, his draft status would skyrocket.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Another good thing is that Whittingham and co. recruited Darnold heavily when he was in high school. They’ve got a lot of tape on him, and know him as a QB. I think that really plays to our advantage tonight.

Why on earth Clay Helton announced their QB change early on Monday, I have no idea.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Well he didn’t want Utah to waste too much time preparing for Browne….or he needed to somehow slow the tide of mutiny.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think Helton announced it Monday because his donors demanded him to make a change. It’s the only reasonable explanation. Helton basically was told to start Darnold.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Some QB stats: