Somewhat related to UteFanatic's thread below . . .

Viewing 6 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Some tidbits I have heard from a former BYU player who is still connected to their program.

– Detmer was hired by Holmoe, not Sitake. He was first contacted by Holmoe about a week before Sitake was offered the job.  

– There is “some turmoil” amongst the coaches on BYU’s staff. Sounds like finger pointing and a lack of cohesiveness from what I was told. And this was before the Wisconsin loss.

– Some players claim they aren’t being taught anything by their position coach. They feel like they aren’t learning anything, there’s no development taking place.

As to whether or not Sitake is a good HC, I’m starting to think he is not.

Looking at his first year, they went 9-4 which looks great. But then I remember they returned 17 starters (in addition to Hill and Williams who did not play in 2015) from a team that went 9-4 against a tougher schedule the year before and it looks like they underachieved. Now they are off to a 1-3 start and have looked completely inept on offense and overwhelmed on both sides of the ball.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

That was the rumor as to why Ken N would not leave Navy for BYU. Holmoe wanted Detmer Ken N said no so they parted ways. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I posted this when Sitake out his staff together:

Scalley had more D1 coaching experience than all but three of their coaches combined. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think a lot of that sentiment is because we want them to fail.  The bigger question is, “Can Sitake be a good head coach in that situation?”  As noted most head coaches bring in their staff, people they have experience with and can trust.  Sitake was able to bring in 1, the DC.  The rest of the staff was basically force fed him by the administration. We all knew Cahoon was a disaster the first time around, but they let Holliday go to Utah and re-hired him because he was a former player.  We’ve benefitted from that move.  We used to complain about Whittingham apparently interferring with the offense, imagine if Hill were directing who he had to hire. 

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Holmoe is trying to re-live the past by bringing in Detmer. It was basically a ‘Hail Mary’ pass and you are absolutely right about last season and what has transpired today. They got lucky last season with Hill and Williams coming back and add the fact that both Michigan State and Mississippi State had terrible seasons only added to the tds thinking they were better than they were. The Wyoming bowl was a microcosm of how Mangum was going to play this season. If I remember right, 2 INT’s and 0 TD’s. Sounds about how he’s looked this season. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

To be fair to Mangum, he did throw at least on TD pass against Wyoming, though it was one of the luckiest TD passes I’ve ever seen. It bounced off the hands of 3 different Wyoming defenders before landing in the arms of a BYU player who wasn’t even the intended receiver.

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

I still think that the best head coach on that team is Lamb.  He’s the only one that’s actually done something at the college level.

Guba
      Ute Fan
      @guba

The Utes better watch out! LMAO!!

https://youtu.be/djujDEWGGEg

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

I can not wait to see there next song — Unless they past on bye now .

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Somewhat related to UteFanatic's thread below . . .