sorry if this gets posted a lot. dtv sucks. what’s next best?

Viewing 4 reply threads

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

my service went out for a day in oct.  called them, they sent a service guy out but by the time he got here it was back on.  he showed me where s/w had been loaded that day and caused the outage.  get my bill yesterday.  they charged $99 for the guy to show up and tell me they screwed up my service (continual no satellite signal).  never was told there was a service fee WHEN THEIR SERVICE IS OUT.  i was so p**sed.  i called and got the fee removed.  i believe to get all my sports bs, my only choices are comcast/xfinity, dish.  are there any tricks to know about?  i’m leaning to comcast since there’s no delay when flipping channels.  i live in herriman fwiw

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I made the switch from DTV to Dish.  I really like Dish.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I have been with xfinity for years and rarely have any issues. I know they were kind of bad years ago but I think you would be happy with them. It will cost you abit more though. And you never have to worry about snow on your dish.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Seconded. Switched from DTV to Xfinity last year and I’m very glad I did. And they’re about to add Amazon Prime to their platform. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’ve had both Dish and Comcast. Dish is a lot cheaper but Comcast has nicer “frills”. Better on demand, better menu, better remote, things like that. 

I have dish now and they’ve been great. And a lot cheaper. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I’d go with whatever one fits your budget better. They both are great and both get the job done very well. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I use Sling. There is a delay but it’s not horrible. I haven’t missed a Ute game this year and I’m thinking of adding the Jazz team package so I can watch all of the Jazz games. Only draw back is, in my area in California, I dont get the major networks so I can’t watch a game if they’re ever on one of them. Hasn’t been an issue so far though.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

what do you pay for sling and what is the internet speed reqts?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My HOA has an agreement with Crapcast so that’s what I have now.  It actually is much better than it used to be. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc sorry if this gets posted a lot. dtv sucks. what’s next best?