Spring Ball Update

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Spring Ball

A couple of notes:

– Sounds like Isaac Wilson is getting some reps. I guess he has not yet had surgery.

– Luke Bottari is still on the team. I thought his eligibility was up.

– Newcomers – Mike Mitchell and Dorian Singer are looking good.

– Fano is being moved to right tackle.

I saw another report from Hans Olsen who said that Cam Rising is looking healthy and sharp.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Thanks Proud…sounds like Isaac still hasn’t found a donor for his knee surgery.

S.CarolinaUte
      Ute Fan
      @s-carolinaute

This is what Joe Coles reported on X.
      Whittingham was especially complimentary of redshirt freshman RB Mike Mitchell, who stood out during media viewing session.

“Mike Mitchell. He’s not wearing pads today, but he did some really good things … he’s a guy that I think has a bunch of upside,” Whittingham said.Whittingham singled out USC transfer wide receiver Dorian Singer as the furthest ahead of any of the new transfer receivers, as expected.

“Dorian Singer looked really good today. He’s probably the furthest ahead of any of them. He’s got the most experience,” Whittingham said
      Whittingham said Georgia Tech transfer cornerback Kenan Johnson stood out today. Johnson is in the running for Utah’s open starting outside cornerback spot.
      Tao Johnson is making the switch from nickel back to safety as Utah looks to fill two starting spots following SIone Vaki and Cole Bishop’s NFL Draft declarations.

“He looked really natural there today and did a great job,” Whittingham said.
      Utah is replacing two starting offensive linemen, Keaton Bills and Sataoa Laumea. Whittingham indicated after day one that Spencer Fano played right tackle with Caleb Lomu at left tackle. Michael Mokofisi at one guard spot, Tanoa Togiai at the other and Kolinu’u Faaiu at center.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

That sounds like a good OL. Two highly ranked Tackles and some beef in the middle.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Spring Ball Update