Standings

Viewing 2 reply threads

dstnjckmn
      Ute Fan
      @dstnjckmn

It may not last the season (or it may), but is sure is fun to see Utah all alone at the top of the PAC 12 South!

mpute
      Ute Fan
      @mparker40

I know! I’m enjoying every minute of it!

This is our week. Go Utes!!!!

dstnjckmn
        Ute Fan
        @dstnjckmn

If TW can get us past Standford, then I feel like we really stand a chance at the South Title.  Arizona is going to bite a few teams, Colorado looks like a one hit wonder, ASU…. well it’s a rough year for the Beav’s and Devils  The question becomes, can we go 2-2  (or better) vs WSU, WASH, Standford, and USC…

shakeitsugaree
          Ute Fan
          @shakeitsugaree

I like this perspective; here’s my take:

Yes (WSU), no (Wash), yes (Furd), I thought no, but now have a little hope, but still leaning no ($C)

dstnjckmn
            Ute Fan
            @dstnjckmn

The most important of the 4 to win is USC.  We need to own the tie breaker in the South.  Wazzu looked good against SC, but not great. They did it by rattling Darnold early and often. Not just with pressure, but with great down field coverage.  Two things we are good at.  

I believe we get a W vs the cardinal and Trojans. 

shakeitsugaree
              Ute Fan
              @shakeitsugaree

Well, of course the most impactful win would be $C – that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

Wazzu was able to pressure Darnold because $C has been hit pretty hard with injuries to offensive linemen. The injuries to $C’s OLinemen probably dictate the rest of their season. If they get healthy on the offensive line, I don’t see teams, including Utah, having much luck getting to Darnold.

Also, I would not characterize Utah as being ‘good’ at applying downfield coverage pressure. I would say we are young and talented, with flashes of good, but pretty inconsistent. Keep in mind, this has been against four teams with far less potent passing attacks than what we will see going forward.

So, yeah – not sold on a W in the coliseum. I am more optimistic than I was at the beginning of the season.

KiYi-Ute
                Ute Fan
                @kiyi-ute

Agreed with all of this. Our secondary has been exposed more than just a few times. 

And maybe I’ve just been spoiled with D Lines of the past, but this current lineup doesn’t seem to wreak much havoc in the backfield. Losing Fitts and Anae doesn’t help, either. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

We are the last undefeated south team!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.