UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

And the starter is…
      Utes Starting QB

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

It’s the logical choice. If it truly was a coin flip, you start the guy with more experience and keep the talented youngster involved so that he can get the experience that was holding him back. It is tougher to do at the QB position but still needs to happen.

We will truly know how close the choice was once we see how much time Rising gets on the field. If he’s just handing off in garbage time, my conclusion will be that it wasn’t as close as reported. If there are specific packages to keep Rising involved and sharp, it will speak to the closeness and truly be a data point towards there being no drop off should Brewer miss any time.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

You pick a qb and go with a qb 100% none of this package s**t, the guy needs to be the guy.  If all things were equal you pick the younger player, every time.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wait. Lemme setup a paywall… 

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

This was a clear leak, because Whittigham later said that he is not releasing anything until Thursday. Someone with inside access must have pulled information out of somebody that they weren’t supposed to. I was extremely surprised as well when I heard what I did today because I had read and watched what they had publicly said, and they specifically said no information would be released until Thursday. Ergo, someone either inside the program leaked this information when they were not supposed to, or the person claiming they know what is happening (the source) is making things up.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Starting QB named