Statement from the Pac-12 Conference

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The Pac-12 Conference released the following statement on July 27, 2023:

“The Pac-12 is comprised of world-leading universities and athletic programs who share a commitment to developing the next generation of leaders, supporting student-athletes’ academic and athletic excellence, and broad-based athletic success. We remain committed to our shared values and to continuing to invest in our student-athletes. Today’s decision by the University of Colorado has done nothing to disrupt that commitment.

We are focused on concluding our media rights deal and securing our continued success and growth. Immediately following the conclusion of our media rights deal, we will embrace expansion opportunities and bring new fans, markets, excitement and value to the Pac-12.”

6 1

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

5 2

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Apparently Colorado didn’t like what they were securing and jumped ship. I’m skeptical at this point what the pac is bringing in for a media deal.

3 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

“has done nothing…” 

Damn that is a huge L. Can’t stay long in the denial stage of being a bitch. 

8 2

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

If Randall and Harlan agree with that statement, we are S C R E W E D.

6 1

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

And this point the only guarantee of survival is if Utah takes a Big-12 invite and I’m leaning toward them taking it now. I’d rather them stay in a surviving Pac with these other 8 teams or be in the B1G, but the former is wildly unstable and the latter is unlikely.

2 1

IrishUte
        Ute Fan
        @irishute

While I agree that the Big12 is probably the only real option at this point I don’t think it’s going to save the program. Nobody is getting out of that conference. There won’t be a “next round” for schools in the Big12. In ten years the Big12 will be as distant from the SEC and Big10 as the AAC is from ACC now. It’s relegation pure and simple.
        We’re trading the path the program has been on since 2003 for a position of stability. Stability because that conference will be an afterthought. It’s not going to be the third conference in a big 3. There isn’t going to be a big 3. The only way to get into the big 2 is to be associated with and be successful against schools that are on the big 2’s radar. The remnants of the ACC and the Big12 will become the middle 2. It’s difficult to get excited for that.
        It could have played out so differently. Had USC not blocked expansion last year there would still be a chance for a “next round.” The Big12 did what they had to do and expanded but that expansion effectively ended the possibility of a “next round” for the schools in that conference. It will end the possibility of the “next round” for any school that joins that conference. I hope I’m wrong but we’ve all said over the last year that the Big12 is only stable because nobody else wants any of their schools. You are who you associate with unfortunately.

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

Wow. That black background makes this surprisingly hard to read…

IrishUte
            Ute Fan
            @irishute

Yeah I could not figure out why it did it that way

alexsmith
          Ute Fan
          @alexsmith

Personally, I’d have to disagree

alexsmith
            Ute Fan
            @alexsmith

I have a really hard time seeing NCAA athletics move away from the likes of Oregon, Washington, Clemson, FSU, Utah, TCU, Baylor, Kansas, Miami, etc. There will absolutely be another round, you just have to be on the right side of things.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Statement from the Pac-12 Conference