Tax question

Viewing 6 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

has anybody used the tax program on CreditKarma?  any insight into it? yea or nay?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve seen it but haven’t tried it. Is 815 on there a good rating?  ðŸ™‚

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Woof. Dude, just get H&R Block or Turbotax and be done with it. Those two only do tax services and are the best in the biz.

Creditkarma and similar all try to sell you some kind of credit monitoring service.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I had a very simple tax return last year and used H&R Block and it was easy and very fast.

Anonymous
          Inactive

unfortunately mine isn’t as simple as i would like. I own a rental property, have to itemize things, depreciate things etc. it’s pain but is does pay 75% of my mortgage so there’s that

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

I have a bunch of crazy tax things to itemize, plus a household employee. Get TurboTax or HR Block and be happy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the free creditkarma stuff for credit monitoring, seems decent, they’ve never tried to sell me anything that I recall. I used turbotax in the past however they did have a data breach and IIRC are being sued?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I have used HR Block for about the last 10 years. I can get TurboTax free through my bank, but still prefer to buy HR Block. It is that good.

Anonymous
      Inactive

fair enough and isn’t H&R doing some sort of promo this year? thought I saw that. Turbotax has always done well for me. Just looking at options

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’ve used H&R and TurboTax. Very little difference in the two.

Also, for what it’s worth, it’s most likely that Intuit (TurboTax) itself wasn’t actually breached back in 2015. Email accounts of Intuit customers were breached and the information from the email accounts was used to login, file and claim peoples’ tax refunds.

Just another reminder to never use the same password for your email address as any other password that you have, and to change them frequently.

Source: My job is catching people using stolen payment credentials online and I see account takeovers every day.

Anonymous
      Inactive

thank you sir I appreciate your feed back

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Tax question