Thank You letter, to Ty

Viewing 1 reply thread

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

Ty, 

In a tweet you sent on Aug 9, 2019, you said, “You never know when you’ll lose someone close to you, so make sure you hug ’em and tell ’em, they mean the world to you today…” 

I’m a Utah Football Junkie and over the years, I’ve met many players – mainly at Ute Fan Fests. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the chance to meet you. If I would have, I would have thanked you for coming to Utah and for representing the University and state so well. 

Since I was unable to meet you, maybe I can convey my appreciation to you – in a Thank You letter. 

I appreciate your tweet referenced above. It is excellent advice and a great reminder that life is precious and cannot be taken for granted. 

I appreciate the motives for which you played. One that keeps coming out, is you wanted to make your Mama proud. 

I appreciate the example of humility you displayed. After you received the game ball, following the win over Oregon St., you stated you would only accept it, if it could be shared with your Offensive Linemen.

I appreciated your big smile, which from all accounts I’ve read, was perfectly matched with a big personality.  

I remember a couple of your comments about Utah’s mountains. You essentially said, before getting to Utah, you had only seen mountains like these on a computer screen… You mentioned you didn’t plan to go up into the Utah mountains much, because you said, “those mountain lions are real…”  Ha, ha. That cracked me up.

Apparently, mountain lions were one of the few things that worried you. Playing big time football, definitely didn’t worry you. In your 1st Utah game, I remember the USC players trying to rough you up and intimidate you. But you didn’t back down. The swagger and confidence you showed vs. USC, was awesome and unusal for a true Freshmen. I think that is when many Ute Fans started to realize that you were different, that you were special. 

Last but certainly not least – I appreciated your elite, athletic talent. In only 5 games, this unique talent was on full display, for everyone to see. It gave me and all Ute fans, great hope for the future of Utah Football. I am still in shock and saddened by the fact that you will not be able to accomplish, all that you were so capable of.  

I’ll close by simply saying, Thank You – Ty. I’ll always remember you. And in an attempt to Honor you, I will take your Aug 9, 2019 tweet to heart.  Football and sports are fun, but people, relationships, and health are really what matter most.   

Prayers to your family and to the Utah Football Family 

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Perfection

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Well said, thanks for posting

utahby05
        Ute Fan
        @utahby05

Appreciate your comment. Thank you. 

UTUTE
          Ute Fan
          @utute

Agree with CBute. Perfect. Very thoughtful of you.

utahby05
            Ute Fan
            @utahby05

Thanks, Everyone. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Thank You letter, to Ty