The Key: Bouwmeester

Viewing 4 reply threads

Perkus
      Ute Fan
      @perkus

The key to our season until Cam returns is punting. That is why Whitt is fine with conservative play. He’s happy to score a TD or two and then run down the clock via running it up the middle and pinning the other team inside the 10 with a strong punt from Bouwmeester. Rinse and repeat. He trusts the punter and D much more than the Offense.

I don’t recall Bouwmeester being a punt threat last year. I wonder what he did to increase his average punt by 8 yards.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

It’s a testament to our culture. Good character hard working and want to help the team win. Unlike the 70’s when the refrigerator was the weight room and 16 oz coors were the weights.

3 1

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

“The key to our season… is punting”

Shoot me

Perkus
        Ute Fan
        @perkus

It is our sad reality. At least we are 4-0 and hopefully going to be 5-0 before the bye week.

2 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

You’re not wrong. It’s hard to lose if you don’t commit any turnovers and force your opponent to start inside their 10 yard line on every single drive.

Perkus
        Ute Fan
        @perkus

No doubt, especially when the opposing team
        has a run heavy offense like Oregon State. I hope it works.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Unfortunately I think you are correct. I just wish we would use a little more variation in our offense. Running up the middle 80% of the time prevents us from getting 1st downs. A few more 1st downs would allow us to use more clock and rest the D a bit more. Strange things could happen and that might even allow us to score now and again.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Agree 100%. I’m not asking for the offense to become like Washington’s or anything, I’d just like to see a little more dynamism.

Sanders
          Ute Fan
          @sanders

Tomorrow is a tough order for our defense as Oregon State is well balanced. I doubt either team scores more than two touchdowns. I’m guessing the team with the most field goals and fewest turn overs wins. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Cam plays and the whole mental case thing was just a front to allow live reps for NJ when he wasn’t needed.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The Key: Bouwmeester