The line for the Florida game is -8.5

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

And the O/U is 48.5. I think both are a bit low. What do you all think?
      My prediction is 34-21. Of course, this is with Cam Rising at QB.
      Go Utes!!!

7 1

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

With the uncertainty of Cam I’m surprised there is a line at all.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

With or without Cam, that line is far too low. I’ve got the Utes by double digits easily, no matter who’s at qb. I believe the defense comes with a lot of fire and holds a Florida team with qb uncertainty to around 10-14 points

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

On this note, I’m much more worried about the physicality of Baylor the following week

NashvilleUte
          Ute Fan
          @nashvilleute05

Completely agree. I’m pretty confident about the Florida game (with even a mostly healthy Cam), but I’m more concerned about Baylor the next week unless Cam is 100%+ AND we’re not too high after beating Florida or not too worn out from it either.

Redblood
            Ute Fan
            @redblood

It helps that the Florida game is on Thursday.

ColumbiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @columbiaute

Agreed. Currently getting my MBA at the university of Texas and it’s so hot here, especially at noon.  Game conditions could be miserable 

mfaulk80
            Ute Fan
            @mfaulk80

My understanding is that those in-the-know are more worried about the Baylor game as well, but I don’t think it’s weather related.  Waco isn’t even in the same category as Gainesville in terms of climate adjustment.  While it may be somewhat humid, it isn’t going to be as humid as Gainesville was….  I’m sure the team will prep for it, but I doubt it’s Gainesville level bad.

And honestly, we couldn’t ask for a better setup: long week with an 11am game.  The heat peaks around 5pm.  Any other time (except a night game) would be hotter, and a night game likely brings a louder and rowdier home crowd.

As someone attending the game, I was really excited when they announced the start time.  

Don’t get me wrong.  It’s going to be hot, but it could’ve been so much worse. 

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Game temp at that time of day will be about 90

The heat isn’t the issue it’s the humidity that will be more of a problem when it come to dehydration and cramping.

Utah has the depth and talent to rotate players in and out to get guys fresh and hydrated.

On top of that staying hydrated is not just drinking gatoraid anymore. It will go all week with fluid intake and eating the proper foods like fruits and vegetables high in water content. Stay away from heavy fattier foods with a lot of meat protein.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The line for the Florida game is -8.5