The problem with the spread is that once you hit the

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Red zone you run out of space to spread out. That’s where Utah needs to switch things up. You don’t have to get crazy creative, but use the horses you have. 

Why don’t we go on WR (Carrington), two TE’s (Handley and Fakailoatonga) and put Ippolito in as a FB. That’s a jumbo package. Ippolito is always a blocker, Moss a runner and let the TE’s go out in pass coverage after an initial block. 

Allow the QB to read the defense and either give it to Moss or pull it and naked bootleg out to the TE side with Carrington trailing back across the middle. 

You have HB run, QB run, TE dump, TE cross and WR cross all in one formation. That’s five plays from one. 

Simplify. We have hogs, go out and just beat people up. 

Can still run out of shotgun too if you want. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Bring back the jump pass to the TE out of the jumbo package wildcat!

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

This

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

With Huntley the read would work. Troy almost never keeps on the read, he always gives it.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Well Troy is so slow as well. Like slower than the Giraffe who was actually pretty good at it and had a long stride to make up for no speed.  

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

Maybe giraffe would’ve gotten in on the 2 pt conversion, but by then it wouldn’t matter anyway because we’d be down by 3 TD’s after the 3 pick 6’s. Sorry, but TW2>TW1.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I am not really comparing the two. More like playcalling. I hate the read option with Tw2. Yeah I know they scored off of it but I hate it still. 

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Bring back “THE DUCK”

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I witnessed the duck in person, first hand. It didnt’ work.

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

As did I.  It worked!  Just not every time…

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I love seeing ippolito as a goal line fullback. I don’t remember which game it was, but he had a nice block and bulldozed the defender. It was awesome. 

I’m all for the jumbo package with ippolito. 

What about a Caleb Repp tight end toss? He did tear up Oregon in 2015, but I’m sure the dude still has hands despite playing D now. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The problem with the spread is that once you hit the