They interviewed the MWC commissioner last night in Hawaii

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

They asked him what his favorite Mountain West game was.  His answer – Utah beating Alabama.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

For all of the grief we gave “the hair” over the years for the Mtn. he never seemed to harbor ill will toward Utah or TCU for getting while the getting was good.  His statement gave me the warm fuzzies.

Another funny thing is that BYU actually tried to destroy his conference on the way to Indy and BYU fans can’t fathom why he is still hostile towards them.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Not only did they try to destroy the MWC on the way out, there was a strong belief before they left that if BYU & TCU stayed along with the addition of Boise State, the MWC would meet the requirements to become a BCS/AQ conference. BYU screwed the MWC and everyone in it when they left.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I don’t know about that. Still feels like they were dangling a carrot for the MWC. They took the good bits and left the scraps. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Maybe. But there was a set criteria and many people in and around the MWC felt like the conference was or was about to meet those criteria. It’s supposedly the reason Gary Patterson was so mad at BYU for going independent. He didn’t begrudge Utah going to the PAC-12 because it was an obvious step up that any MWC team would have taken. But, with the addition of Boise, if BYU had stuck around TCU wouldn’t have left for the Big East because they were likely going to get AQ status. In the end, everything worked out great for Utah, TCU, Utah State and the other WAC schools. Can’t really say the same for the remaining MWC schools and BYU, though.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

The article when Dr Chris Hill explained the process leads me to believe it was never an option for the MWC. I am too lazy to look it up. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football They interviewed the MWC commissioner last night in Hawaii