This is the biggest trap game of the year..until next week.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      7 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah can’t be peaking ahead to Autzen. I kind of joke because Stanford is literally not a threat at all. Zona actually has a decent offense and De Laura can exploit some things. My concerns for Saturday are as follows:

1- Weather seemingly favors Utah but it also feels like an equalizer. A pass heavy team in the snow obviously gonna struggle I think. I personally want De Laura to throw more than hand off. He is near the top in turnovers and Utah has Clark Phillips.

2-Special teams. I know nothing about Zona. But Utah is in four down territory essentially at midfield. I don’t think Utah should have to punt. That’s how bad Zona’s defense is but it is crap that you can’t apply pressure at all with punting or kicking for 3.

3- Hubert out for the first half. I am saying Kincaid sits and Rising starts which is a factor but not much against Zona. Barnes should be able to drop 30-40 on Zonas defense. But De Laura is gonna try to stretch the field early I think. Obviously weather could change that pretty quick though.

Utah is gonna win though and should easily. Breakout game for Glover and maybe JJ. It would be a cool story to see TT comeback and regain favor. This is a game where 250 yards rushing should be easy.

52-23 Utes

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I’m seeing more optimism around this game than the Wazzu one. Perhaps because we’re playing at home? As for me, I’m nervous, but I’m always nervous about our games 😬. UA can score quickly, and we can’t afford to be in a shootout with a depleted O even if Rising is playing.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Defense on the rise has my confidence up more than against Wazzu. 
        Can Van Fillinger show up again?  The right tackle for Zona is really bad. Reid and Fillinger should be getting to De Laura a lot. 

De Laura likes to force passes a little too much. Even when he could just tuck and run for an easy 10-15 he would rather run away and force a throw. So yes he is mobile but not intelligent with it. 

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Makes sense. Appreciate the specifics. De Laura does seem to force it at times, much like Cam Ward. Given their D, this would be a great opportunity for Glover and JJ to break out. I’m also feeling more confident about our D than I did after the UCLA. 

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Seems like last week they got TO the QB a lot, they just seemed to have a lot of trouble actually bringing him down.  Once they got close an arm reach was not enough.  I know that may be a matter of being one or two steps too late or too slow compared to Ward, but maybe some technique adjustments/film work might lead to further improvements.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

The sack Van Fillinger had on Ward is what I expect of Utah football from its dline. No grabbing at jerseys or arms. Tackling through like a motion is technique. You got that type of tackles from Dimick.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Arguably the worst D we’ll face all year….CAL’s impotent O put up 49 on ‘em.

We’ll easily cover….I predict we’ll run it at will & pass when we want to….21-point final margin at minimum, with or without CR.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Zona has better corners but I honestly think SUU’s front seven would do better things for Zona..that’s how bad they are. 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Watching USC and Utah play after their match it was clear they beat each other up. But the game left me feeling we have little over on USC due to the degree of difficulty of our win. Last weekend USC spend much of the game trying to get separation from Az. even though they have only a single league win. So why not take them somewhat seriously. The game is in SLC but if there is a buzz kill for our home field advantage it may be a cold rainy night. Still, I expect Utah can get this done but it just may be the most work recently to dispatch a team from the bottom quarter of the league.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Think this game is going to be a lot closer then most are predicting Weather will be a big factor, but injuries to Rising and Kincaid, I can see Whitt playing his conservative “not to lose” style. If Kincaid is out Rising struggles to connect with other receivers. If Barnes is the starter, I’m not sure Utah has the offense to outscore Arizona. Should be interesting.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This is the biggest trap game of the year..until next week.