This team is so much more talented than this….

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

but for one reason or another (same s**t different game) its going to be a 7-8 win season. There was a long period in the early 2nd half I though we were taking over the game. Our D line found something (tupai/fotu and anae got loose) and we were clearly in the driver seat. We got the ball up 24-21 4 times during this stretch went 0-4. We score on any one of those 4 and this is a win. Just one. The f**king game is right there in front of us dangling in front of our face and we curl up and wait for it to come to us. Killer instinct isnt there with the offense. GO F**KING TAKE IT. If the defense doesnt make the game winning play (after saving the game 6 times with stops) we do not win. I do not know what the f**k.

I think Bryan Thompson going down really hurt out ability to get separation at the LOS. I think there is talent in this WR core, and with teams loading up on the short routes and Moss, I dont understand how we arent hitting several deep seams a game. I dont understand any of it. We are better than 2-2 and we are better than the 7-8 wins we end up with this season.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I watched the slot WR come wide open behind the LB in the seam at least 4 times in this game. any time Tyler took a shot downfield it was 1v1 ID and a s**t back shoulder throw. Thats a cop out. Theres room downfield.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Mitchell on the radio broadcast couldn’t understand why they kept throwing that ball. Huntley isn’t really good at it either. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I had a similar thought. Felt like we deviated from the run game a bit in the second half – it’s what had gotten us points in the first half. Maybe wazzu made enough adjustments to make us deviate….don’t know. 

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

#coaching

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I don’t know if you can coach a QB’s field vision.

Charlie Foxtrot
          Ute Fan
          @charliefoxtrot

Probaly not, but it is #coaching to stick with one who can’t.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Is it really that talented? 

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

I’ve been wondering that as well. We’ve got some decent players, but I don’t know that we’re all that talented on offense. At least compared to other teams we face week in and week out.

We all bought into the hype a bit, but this is a similar team as last year. Decent, but not great.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Talent and athleticism is better than Utah has had in the past. BUT I think they are undisciplined or less intelligent than players Utah has had in the past. I also think it starts at the QB spot. At this point every QB Utah has had in previous seasons is better than Huntley. 

Not a fan of the current makeup on offense. However if Moss is healthy Utah possibly white knuckles that game to a win. They don’t do a good job in keeping him healthy. Good example last possession of the first half they needlessly rush Moss so he gets more contact. Same as the Weber game they played Moss and Huntley longer than was necessary.  

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Should have dedicated this season to making it the Jack Tuttle show. Not going to win anything anyway and would have set him up for success in his sophomore and junior years.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This team is so much more talented than this….