This title game makes me feel a little better about our game.

Viewing 2 reply threads

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

We were in it until Cam went down. I think what we are seeing is that there are certain levels of talent that can lead to super mismatches. I think tOSU is not as good as TCU this year (or similarly good), but the shear athletes they have made them a tough match for Georgia’s D (I think USC is similar), but that TCU tends to be a better coached team. We saw what happens when s**t breaks down in the Rose Bowl for our D (with CP3 and a healthy Cam, I think we win). I do think this is the next step for Utah. We keep building to where we have not just a few of the top dudes, but where we have a large chunk of them. More years like this in recruiting will get us there. I think we are closer to a team like Michigan. In fact, I think we are better coached than them. We aren’t too far from being an occasional playoff team, and possibly very commonly a playoff team in the new format.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

Every eventual National Champion usually has had a close game after the regular season, and on their way to winning the championship. Apparently, for Georgia, that was the Ohio State game.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Steve, actually Georgia should have lost versus Missouri this year. They were down 22-12 in the 4th QTR and scored two late TDs to win 26-22. That was a great game and I really felt sorry for Mizzou because their lead should have been wider and they pretty much dominated Georgia until late in the 4th QTR. In a way, to me, it was very reminiscent of the way USC beat Oregon State this past season. The underdog completely dominates the blue blood but can’t pull away and then the blue blood wins it with a flurry of points at the end.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

Georgia’s front 4 are completely blowing up anything TCU is trying to do.  Our front 4 were so good for so many years.  I would love to see Utah return to form in that area.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This title game makes me feel a little better about our game.