Thoughts on bball game

Viewing 4 reply threads

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

Really fun game tonight. Controlled the majority of the game and came up with a huge stop at the end to put it away. Great effort by the guys tonight, you could tell they really wanted this one.

Keita continues to be a force for us. Seems to me like he’s under-utilized. Maybe he’s better in small bursts of minutes? He’s one of my favorite guys on the team. Madsen played really well tonight too, hit some really tough shots. Carlson seemed like he was forcing the issue at times but overall played well. Erickson sucks. So bad.

While it was disappointing that it was about 50% BYU fans in the arena (maybe more) it also created a really fun atmosphere chanting back and forth at each other. The energy in the building was crazy, most fun I’ve had at a Utah bball game in several years. Hopefully this can inject some life back into our fan base, it makes such a huge difference when there is a good turnout. I think this win definitely puts us in the early conversations of making the tourney. We’ll need to pick up a few strong conference wins but tonight’s win does a lot for our cause. Looking forward to the rest of the season much more than I was before tonight, go Utes!

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Keita picked up some early fouls, finished with 4 fouls but didn’t foul out. The foul trouble kept his minutes down tonight, IMO.

Kellso
      Ute Fan
      @kellso

It was hard to see all of the fans in the upper bowl but, I would say it was 60/40%, or close to 70/30%, Utah fans. Byu fans were loud. Mostly just to boo the Utes.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Upper bowl was overwhelmingly BYU fans. My tickets are on the 27th row of the lower bowl and as I looked around, all I saw was blue. Plus they were damned loud.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

They Were loud. It honestly was impressive.

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

As I posted above, I don’t understand the Hunter hate. He’s not a huge answer, but objectively I think he’s better than Exacte was last year. Maybe he’s getting more scrutiny because he is getting more minutes. The only place exacte was clearly better was 3pt % and its not a huge diff and not what we want out of a backup PG.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Thoughts on bball game