Thoughts on Kalani? I for one can’t stand him.

Viewing 13 reply threads
      11 6

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I hope to never again see him in red. Honestly, he’d be fine if it weren’t for the joke he portrays himself to be by jumping up and down like a little girl on the sidelines after a good play from his team. Specifically, his little celebration while getting beat down by Baylor. Act like you’ve been there before.

21 1

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Overall he seems like a good dude. Agree that his antics come acrossed as a little ridiculous at times, but considering his audience…

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Seems like a nice guy, but yeah, his sideline celebrations are over the top and a bit embarrassing, TBH.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It’s hard to watch him when he gets all over-hyped.  But that’s pretty much the whole zoob mentality. They pound their chests like they won the world championship at the drop of a hat. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Kalani is a great person, and a good football coach, but not a great one.

7 1

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

I like him.  Seems like a good dude and refuses to say anthing (publicly) bad about anyone. 

Seems like a great guy from everything I’ve seen.   

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

Considering how excruciatingly painful it was to deal with Bronco, I just can’t bring myself to complain about anything Kilani does. He’ll never be even a fraction as annoying as Bronco.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Nice guy.  Acts like an immature zoob.  Fits right in down there.

1 1

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Lol. Okay, tough guy.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Completely disagree. I like Kalani a lot. He was a great coach for the U and he’s doing a great job in Provo. He engenders loyalty among his players, they seem to love him, and he’s a super nice guy. The only reason to “cant stand him” would be the fact he’s the head coach of our rival that many Ute fans completely hate and such fans are generally irrational.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I think he’s pretty sexy.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Objectively, I think he’s doing a hell of a job for an independent school that at one point had a lot of doubts they could go P5. They’ve done pretty well against their schedule this year. His sideline antics might appear annoying to opposing fans but it only matters what his players think and if they like it and they play off it, nothing else matters. I think he has a selling point as one of the few or only poly head coaches out west.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I have nothing against him. I think he does his act for the players benefit. It seems to be working. They’re having good football fortunes right now.

6 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

right? Plus, who cares if he has fun? There is nothing inherently wrong with a coach having fun on the sidelines. I’d much rather see that than uptight coaches who attack their players verbally whenever they make a mistake. Sitake is the kind of coach that today’s players want to play for. Is it the best way to coach a football team? I don’t know about that, but it’s at least appealing to a large portion of high school male athletes.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I like Sitake. He’s a great dude. His antics don’t bother me at all.
      BYU isn’t doing enough for him in my opinion. They wait until the last second to extend him. I’m surprised he hasn’t taken a better job yet, like Bronco did. Maybe he’s just biding his time because he doesn’t want to walk into a bad situation.They are joining a G5 conference now so we won’t have to play them much anymore, but if the Utes did hire him again in future whether it’s as the HC or another role, he’d have my full support. The only knock I have against him is he hires his friends and refuses to fire them, I.E. Tuiaki. As long as he doesn’t bring Tuiaki or ARod along with him, I’d be ok with it.

PrudentUte
        Ute Fan
        @davidclarkepruden

I agree with CCU, he has restored the class relationship between the two universities that McBride and Edwards established. Hard fought on the field and respectful off. 

I want to beat the TDS as much as anyone but I can’t bring myself to disparage a bunch of kids who just want to play football or their coaches (when they aren’t acting the fool). I particularly appreciate the way they have responded to the TJ/AL tragedy. Very courteous and I attribute that to Coach Sitake. 

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Thoughts on Kalani? I for one can’t stand him.