Transfer Portal

Viewing 1 reply thread

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

The portal closes tomorrow right? I thought we would have had a more exciting transfer window.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Portal closing means no more entering, but people can still transfer in from the portal. Do I understand that right?

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

I’ve been confused on the rules. I hope you are right!

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Just took a peek to see who’s available in the portal and there are a lot of really good players.

The kids with a 90 or higher rating likely require some level of NIL to secure commitments from. However the kids who are 88/89 rated are very similar in terms of talent but likely don’t carry the high price tag. I imagine the coaches are working nonstop to bring in another 88/89 WR, LB, CB, S, RB, OL, and QB for depth purposes.7 more solid dudes is all Utah needs to put the exclamation mark on this year’s CFP-worthy roster! Go Utes!!

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Yes, by the current standard of the ever changing rules.,, I expect the windows to go back to open at any time after the NCAA went to unlimited transfers and immediate eligibility.

Not sure how they can enforce anything at this point other than that a kid can only play for one team per season. And if you were to war game out a semi-pro super league, the ability to trade players in season should be on the table. This would require permanently removing the facade of “scholar-athlete” but aren’t we there already?

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

We’re there. Just need to make them employees and have them sign contacts

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Portal