Transfer Portal thread

Viewing 5 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Just giving everyone a spot for Transfer Portal targets and/or departures as this opens up.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

I expect it to be really quiet from here until the Rose Bowl for Ute departures. After that, who knows. 

From what I’ve seen so far, our targets are QB, RB, & WR. Not because we’re dissatisfied with who we have, but more that the absolute insane talent available simply cannot be denied. With the brand of Ute football being at an all-time high, we could really see some significant pulls here in the next few months. 

The best player will play. 

Obviously, whether Rising, Kuithe, & Vele come back may affect who & what position we target in the portal. 

NC State QB Devin Leary seems like the top QB in the portal right now. 
      Multiple WR that I find attractive are already in as well. 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Leary is another old guy…he’ll be 24 by the time the 2023 college football rolls around and 25 by the time the 2024 NFL starts. Due to Covid rules, you’re seeing that more and more with regular guys whereas before it was really restricted to returning LDS missionaries. I’m all for improving your roster but extremely leery of one-season rentals who don’t really have any buy-in into your team culture. Any infusion of portal talent has to be discreet and extremely well-targeted to maximize success.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Wary of “plug & play” QBs in the portal. The two we brought in were broken out of the box. Rising worked out great for us as a developmental transfer, other teams have had success with plug and play transfer QBs (CW, Penix, Nix), us not so much.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Yeap, Bentley and Brewster definitely were disappointments.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

So is Dorian Singer coming to utah?

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

My prediction is that he goes to USC to replace Addison but you never know. Being from Phoenix, he’s got zero ties to So Cal…

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

JQJ. I see that the coaches have done everything possible (team ambassador, TJAL 22 Scholarship, position change) to keep this kid in the progam knowing he most likely won’t ever be QB1. He is one hell of an athlete and you’ve got to find a way to get him on the field but if he was going to be QB1 in the future you’d think he’d have been ahead of Barnes on the depth chart. Do any of you think he will hit the portal if the coaches tell him they want him to stay at RB1 next year? Does Glover leave knowing he’s looking at RB2 next year? I sure hope not. I’m really starting to love that kid and if he’s all in like Bernard…man that could be awesome. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Transfer Portal thread