Trouble

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 1

uteof
      Ute Fan
      @uteof

Hi. Can I get in trouble for what I think?

2 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Yes

3 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Only if what you think isn’t PC and you speak your thoughts.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Not speaking is also not PC now. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I ask my wife this question all the time. 

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Sounds like “woman” trouble to me.  With them, you CAN get in trouble for what you think.  In fact, you can get into trouble for what THEY think you think, even if you’d never really thought it.  You can ALSO get into trouble for NOT thinking, OR, for not thinking what SHE’s thinking at the time that she’d thought it.

You’re screwed.

3 4

uteof
      Ute Fan
      @uteof

I think people who bring politics into this forum are assholes. I don’t care about your politics and don’t want to hear your snotty comments. This is a UTE forum where we talk about Utah sports and bitch and whine about other schools. If you want to talk politics go to some other site. That goes for implied stuff as well as explicit: demos this, republicans that; liberals…conservatives… Red…, blue… If I sound ticked, that’s intentional. I’ll steel myself for the thumbs down by our political brethren/sisters.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I would suggest avoiding the politics topic section and filtering it out. In fact, this post seems to need to be placed in a different section since it’s not football related.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I agree with the general sentiment; I’m on UteHub for one purpose, and it fits into one category—utah football…well maybe two categories—football and they so poo poo.

that being said, people are pretty good about keeping the comments in the correct category.

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

I’m with you brother. I have strong political leanings but I keep them off this board, this place had been a nice respite. Lately, it is starting to go the way of Utefans, which got pretty bad for a while. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I think you’re correct. I am an asshole.

Heike
      Ute Fan
      @heike

uteof,

Although I agree that politics on a fan board can be very annoying and I even gave you a thumbs up, you did start this thread with an open-ended question that can be more assumed be political than any other way.

uteof
      Ute Fan
      @uteof

I think I just moved it to “miscellaneous”. It’s in this category that most political trash appears. Thanks.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

The question was “can I get in trouble for what I think?” Those of you placing this in the political realm are projecting.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Everything is political.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Dystopia is correct. Unfortunately even sports have become political these days.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Trouble