Tyler Rawson

Viewing 9 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

He’s quickly becoming one of my favorites on this team. Kuzma is setting up to have a great year. But my utility player who will make the most difference and be the unsung hero this year is Rawson. He filled in well until Collette was available. He seems to have a great knack for timing his jumps to get the block on quite a few shots. He doesn’t mind getting on the floor, and doing the dirty jobs. Not a dirty player, just doing the little things which don’t necessarily show up on the stat sheet.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I like what Jayce Johnson was bringing. He’s a tough SOB. He was taking punches to the face all night and he didn’t let it phase him.

Newbomb Turk
      Ute Fan
      @newbombturk

I was impressed by Jayce as well. He was really scrapping with those Colorado guys.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Rawson has been a favorite since the first game of the season. He just plays all out. I love his effort. He may not be the absolute most physically gifted, but he plays smart and really tries to make a positive difference while he’s on the floor.

HoopUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoopute

Rawson is going to be a huge contributor, buying minutes at both the 4 and 5.  I thought his move last night where he drove straight to the basket and then switched to his left hand for the layup was outstanding and caught his defender totally off guard.  He scraps and generally plays smart.  He won’t have the flashiest numbers, but he’s one of those guys who is the difference between winning and losing.

FountainofUte
      Ute Fan
      @fountainofute

If TR can find his outside stroke (which I’ve heard is more a part of his game than we’ve seen thus far) this kid could be a VERY valuable cog. He already is valuable, but a flex 4/5 with deep ball potential coming off the bench is a GREAT weapon.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

He’s probably the best passing big man we’ve got. I love the dimension that brings to a team. We haven’t had a truly great passer at the 4 or 5 since Bogut, really.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

I’ll just take a 1998 Alex Jensen anytime

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

I like him a lot. I was most happy the Bonham finally looked like the Bonham of last year…..I didn’t know where he went during December

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

Yup, I was only about 5 games into the season when I announced him my favorite player of the year to my family.  That doesn’t mean he is the most critical player, however I would say that IF everyone else stays healthy, he will be very critical.  He will make it hard for oppontents to run 4 guards at us, he will make it hard for opponents to double Collette, his minutes will be ever so much more critical if Collette has any foul trouble.  He is just a gritty luchpail type player.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.