UF announces starting QB

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

This is good news. Doesn’t run, isn’t very accurate.

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

I guess i think a bit more highly of him. Definitely no scrub and much better than barnes if he starts.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I have never seen him play. His stats aren’t good. That’s all I know. Rising is a better thrower and runner.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I thought the same thing about Pedo State’s QB Sean Clifford, then Utah made him look all-world.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

You misspelled RJ Hubert

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Clifford was a proven QB….This UF QB hasn’t accomplished anything.

We’ll be prepared for him, but I don’t believe it’s a fair comparison at this point in his career.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Eh, Clifford was a decent QB, nothing special. I spent a lot of time on Penn State boards leading up to the Rose Bowl and he received a lot of criticism for being inconsistent.

Graham Mertz has experience. In 2021 he started in all 13 games and led Wisconsin to a 9-4 season. In 2022, he started in 12 games, but only went 6-6.

Fortunately, it looks like Florida’s O-line is decimated with injury. Utah D should be able to make Mertz very uncomfortable. Combine that with RES home field advantage, and it SHOULD be a comfortable Utah win regardless of which QB we trot out.

D T
              Ute Fan
              @azute1

So you’re an expert because you visited some PSU fan boards?

I actually watched their games & Clifford was better than decent….He wasn’t elite, but certainly more accomplished than Mertz….More experienced as well.

Poor comparison.

UteFanatic
                Ute Fan
                @utefanatic

You’re right. He certainly wasn’t elite, which was my original point. Glad we agree.

And I wasn’t directly comparing Mertz with Clifford. I think Clifford is a better QB. Just pointing out that it doesn’t take an elite QB to give Utah fits. Many people seem to be underestimating Mertz.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Our elite D will handle him.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UF announces starting QB