USC gets top portal WR

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Mario Williams, former Sooner who was rated the top WR in the transfer portal, just committed to USC. They recently picked up another portal WR who was rated 4* as a transfer. Top portal QB Caleb Williams is also heavily expected to announce commitment to USC soon.

Should be a fun battle in SLC come October.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Yeah I’m not surprised the Cali Sooners would flip to USC. I’m not scared.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

But can LR ever put a D on the field to complement his O?

Also, he has yet to ever face having to develop a culture. He inherited a well-oiled machine at OU.

I don’t sweat USC, particularly not next year.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

It’s been stated by CFB experts that it requires roughly 18 months to establish a new culture & completely turn a program around. And the USC program was in shambles this year. They’ve always had an abundance of 4 & 5 star athletes, so that won’t be any different.

I just don’t see them beating us with 16 returning starters off a Rose Bowl team, particularly with the game being played in SLC.

We can control the clock and keep their offense on the sideline for long stretches. Not to mention our defense will certainly have their say in it as well.

It’ll be interesting to see what sort of defense Riley produces, because that obviously wasn’t his strong suit in Norman.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I want USC to be good.  It’s good for the conference.  I just want Utah to be better. 🙂

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I have a feeling USC is going to be a really tough out next year. Not saying we aren’t going to beat them. But Lincoln Riley is already assembling a highly talented team with the guys that stayed and the guys transferring in. Their roster will be full of talent and they’ll have far better coaching than the past 6 years. Should be quite the battle at RES.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

I agree MDUte.  Utah and USC will be each other’s 7th game of the season, meaning the Trojans will have reach “midseason” form by then.  And while so would we have also, we wouldn’t have reached it with 60+ four and five star recruits on our sideline, like USC will be bringing to SLC.  The South division’s title could very well be decided on the field that day, as neither USC nor Ariz St have to face Ore like we will.  And we’ll get them in Eugene.  Utah has no margin for error.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 USC gets top portal WR