USC has to have a HOME RUN hire. Who is it?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

If USC doesn’t have a home run hire, they could very well dwindle away as a blue blood. I don’t have a clue. Weigh in here.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

My money is on Luke Fickell.  Mike Bohn, SC’s AD, was the former AD at Cincy and hired Fickell there…

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I agree with you Backer. It looks like it’s Fickell’s job to lose at this point.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

They already blew the home run hire IMO. They had Urban Meyer interested last year and their new University President said no to their AD pursing him.

I realize there are still some good coaches out there to go after and one of them might end up being the next Pete Carroll at USC. But any of these “short-list candidates” might very well fail like Sark or Kiffen etc. Urban was the only sure hire I can see that would’ve returned USC to national title contender, going to the CFP YoY.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

It really would be interesting to see him at SC but I just don’t think he’d go for it. I think he hit the pinnacle of college coaching, and he’s moved on to a new challenge. Can he win when he isn’t being a recruiter constantly? Is he the chess player that the top NFL coaches are, like Belichek?

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Do you think Mario Cristobal would at least take the phone call?

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I think Cristobal definitely would take the call from SC but not because he’s actually interested. I think he would leverage that into an even better deal from Nike U.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well now that most schools can pay they just need to get a better retirement and benefit package.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

A bigger buyout? They’re already outrageous in the college game.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I wonder if they’re considering Jonathan Smith. Pretty impressive what he’s done at Oregon State. Probably not, though, for fear he would be just another Kiffin or Sark.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Well don’t look now, but Urban Meyer appears to be coming down with a new condition that may force him to quit the Jags and move to California to save his marriage.

Shelley about to go ballistic.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 USC has to have a HOME RUN hire. Who is it?