Utah 2008 and scheduling FCS…

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Although this years PAC12 is not all that good losing to Hawaii. What I mean is the schedule was a big road game at Michigan. Then it was UNLV, USU and Air Force with a week five game of Weber State. Just for comparison sake FCS school super late but it was like a tune up game before the Oregon St game who happened to be a pretty good team that year.

2008 compares in a lot of ways. It is a schedule of about 4-5 tough games. I think TCU is Utah’s 2019 Washington for example. 2008 TDS was actually a pretty fair team.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Come again?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Just rambling. I just thought it was interesting how many including myself dislike an FCS school in week 3. Yet 2008 Utah had one week five.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Oh got ya. Add me to the “hate fcs games” club.

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Add me to the “schedule two FCS games a year, particularly one in November” club until college football has more standardization in scheduling.

I care more about wins than personal excitement for games because we are on the cusp of turning the corner as a program. Would not be excited to watch a Weber St in November, but if it meant rest before Washington, sign me up. If the SEC can do it, we should be able to. PAC 12 does itself no favors with 9 conf games. 

However, I think someone posted an interesting thought about no FCS games of G5 games. I would love that if the media could get over the fact that we might have a 2 loss national champion – god forbid they lost more than one game with a tough schedule. 

I still think the *most likely ideal* is 8 conf games, 2 FCS games, 1 g5 and one p5 heavily scheduled in recruiting hotspots (not Wyoming). I also love the variety of non conference games, as they can feel like a bowl game. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah 2008 and scheduling FCS…