#20 Utah (9-4) secured the #1 seed in next month’s conference tournament…

Viewing 2 reply threads

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

…this evening, even before today’s opening faceoff vs Cleveland St (5-7). With Air Force’s 15-11 upset win over #16 Jacksonville in FL, Utah officially won the regular season title for the 2nd year in a row.

Since Utah had no shot of earning an “at large” bid in the national tournament, and had already secured the top conference tourney’s top seed, it was rather predictable that we’d come out with some uninspired play today. It was a back-&-forth 1st half, ending in a 5-5 tie, but Utah came out in the 2nd-Half and exerted themselves as the dominant team in the ASUN, and came away with an 19-12 victory in our Home finale.

We’ll finish both the regular and conference season next week in NC at last place Queens College (2-11). It’s likely Utah’s bench will see a lot of playing time to keep our starters fresh for the 1st-Rd of the conference tournament that starts on Tuesday, May 2nd.

GO UTES!!!

1 7

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Okay, WTH sport is this?

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

PhiladelphiaUte has been keeping us up to date on Lacrosse all season. Keep up! 😉

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Whoops!  My bad.  Should have mentioned:  Lacrosse

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

A couple of thoughts

I think coach likes to keep a few in the magazine so to speak.  Especially on d.  We’re slow to slide and that let’s teams stay within an arms length.  Then he’ll empty the clip if he has to.  I think that explains some ‘playing down’ that’s been going on.  

I think early start time have something to do with down attendance.  A 7:00 pm start and we prolly had 2000-2500 people there.  Full stands!!  And then some!! At noon, a lot of people who might otherwise be there might not go because of kids games, other Saturday stuff etc.  but it was awesome tonight!  Great environment!!

hope we can close out the tourney this year!!!!

for my part, I was deciding between night skiing at Brighton and the game.  I chose skiing because I’ve only gone once this year.  So my dumb-a$$ high-tailed it up the mountain.  You skiers might know that night skiing closed two weeks ago🤬🤬🤬.

After getting my truck stuck and nuking my tail light on a snowbank, I got down and went to dinner then remembered there was somewhere else I was supposed to be.  Got there to start the 3rd🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports #20 Utah (9-4) secured the #1 seed in next month’s conference tournament…