Utah Basketball lost sixth straight game today

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

This would be highly upsetting if college basketball mattered.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

It matters to me. We have nobody that can shoot. Watching battin play basketball and heaving up 3s is as painful as it gets.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

I don’t understand how he could have not developed at all in his time here, sure he hustles to get rebounds but dude is bad on offense. His FG percentage is like 35%. Also he’s the only person I’ve ever seen that somehow gets shorter when he jumps, blocked around the rim all the time.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I have to wonder if LK actually watching Battin play basketball before offering him a scholarship. He was a pretty highly rated recruit for some stupid reason, but anyone who has ever played basketball can watch the guy for 5 minutes and tell that he is a terrible basketball player.

I think he might be the worst 4 year starter in the history of college basketball, and I’m not joking. He hasn’t always started during those 4 years, but he has started at least several games in each of his 4 seasons here.

Perhaps his biggest flaw in my opinion is that his entire defensive strategy is to step in front of someone else’s man and attempt to take a charge. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him even attempt to block a shot. He must have attempted a couple of blocks at least because he has a total of 2 or 3 for his entire career here, but I’ve never personally witnessed him actually trying to block a shot.

His shooting percentage has gone down every year since arriving. His shooting form is awful. How in the holy hell did LK and their staff not take one look at his disgusting shooting form and send him packing, or at the very least try to get him to fix it? So so so bad.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’ll give this new coach a pass because it’s his first year, but how many years does Harlan give him to at least make them competitive in the Pac12 before letting him go? I’d say 4, maybe 5.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

i wish it mattered. We are going to find out what Smith is made of these next 12-18 months

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Hey but think of all the big time recruits we have coming in for next year! Oh…

PhillyUte
        Ute Fan
        @phillyute

Yeah but think of all of the diamonds in the rough we will be getting! 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Can you imagine how difficult it is to walk a decent recruit through the Huntsman Center on his official visit and have to say “you see these thousands of seats? There won’t be anyone in them to watch you. You should come play here!”

I’ll keep going for that reason if none other.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

There are student-athletes of the University of Utah who deserve our support on the team of that sport which doesn’t matter.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

The injuries and illness that Smith has had to deal with this season have completely derailed anything he was trying to accomplish this season.

This year has become a complete throwaway.

Smith knows what needs to be done question is can he do it? Can he recruit the talent to make Utah better? Or more simply can he recruit?

Smith and staff are still recruiting multiple players for next year and they will hit the transfer portal.

The next 12 months of recruiting will make or break Smith at Utah

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utah Basketball lost sixth straight game today