Utes last in P12 on # of commitments but 3rd on score per commit.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Im happy with the quality of commits thus far, but would like to see a few more on our list here soon.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Is it normal to have this few recruits, this close to football season? I haven’t really followed recruiting much until this year. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

No and yes. Historically, we’d have more commits by now. BUT, last year Utah changed the way they recruited and instead of taking a bunch of early commits from borderline players, they shot for the moon and hit it out of the park. Rivals had us at #25 and Scout at #32 (I think). 

We were burned late by Jay Tufele but we had a bunch of late top rated kids come and sign. 

We are in a weird spot with Tuttle commited, three straight ranked seasons and a new offense. I think a lot of kids want to see how we do. 

I don’t think we can win the PAC-12 this year, BUT if we did, we’d probably end up with a top 15 class. 

I think we will end up 30-40-ish, which is a solid class. 

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Thanks Utah. I remember tufele decided to go to USC. He would have been a big get for us. 

If they can still commit this late in the game, is there any incentive for signing day? What purpose does it serve? 

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

A lot of it is because a lot of the top tier kids are waiting to commit. They like announcing at bowl games and at graduation and signing day ceremonies in ESPN, etc. 

it will be interesting to how the early signing period in December changes things. I wonder if kids see Tuttle sign in December, if that can help sway a kid or two in Feb. especially if Williams or whoever our QB is can have a solid year. 

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

Compare our class to BYU. They have a ton of commits but there are only 4 that Utah would even consider offering. It’s shocking how far our recruiting has come in 6 years. 

Utah
                  Ute Fan
                  @utah

*FBYU-P

vcsg01
          Ute Fan
          @vcsg01

We took our sweet time last year with recruits too. Lots of fans were very critical of the coaching staff, then we signed one of our best classes. I’m not worried. We’re off to a good start.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes last in P12 on # of commitments but 3rd on score per commit.