Vaki’s ceiling

Viewing 3 reply threads

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

What position does he have a higher ceiling/better chance at the NFL? S or RB. He has been absolutely electric on offense. Safeties have more longevity in the league however.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’d go with safety. RBs has really become an afterthought and disposable position in the NFL. At safety, Vaki could easily have a 10-12 year NFL career if he stays healthy.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Running backs are like throw away play things in the NFL. Vaki has a comparable skill set to a Christian Mccaffery though. His hands make him very versatile.
      Still safety is the smarter choice.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The question has multiple answers.

1. I think he has a better chance of being drafted high if he plays offense. He is a standout offensive player.

2. As far as how long he could play in the NFL, as was posted above, safeties have a much longer career. So, if long-term money is what he wants, he should play safety.

3. Everyone is talking about him playing running back. I think he could make an excellent slot receiver. I suspect you will see him playing slot (limited) in the weeks to come.

Regardless, Vaki is a stud. I am glad we have him.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I wish he was used as a decoy a bit more. Usc happened to just never cover him. It is fairly obvious when he is Barnes is going to stare straight at him.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Vaki’s ceiling