Viewing 2 reply threads

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Well, that left an impression…

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

What are you talking about?  Did he commit somewhere?  Are you talking about UGA’s live vivisection of TCU, and the way their TEs were used via a 195 “all purpose” yardage production?

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

He liked a tweet from On3 predicting him to Georgia. He gone

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

May sound zoobish but Mission kids are just so eh…like who knows if he stays wherever he decides to go in two years. Also not trying to poo poo him. He missed his entire senior season and is heading on a mission. That is THREE years without football. Am I missing the overwhelming desire for this kid?

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

He’s dominant, IMO would be the jewel of the class.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well remind me in 2025 is all I am saying. 

Ghost of the HEB
              Ute Fan
              @deseretgentlman

He’s only planning on 12 month mission (which is a thing now apparently). So he’ll be back for 24 season

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

So basically 12 month rehab in Norway? I saw he was just medically cleared.
                Interesting note TDS has done this for years. I believe even Max Hall served a mini mission.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Barton is a jewel. He made impacts this season and will be an absolute beast next year. I have zero idea where Utah will be in 2025. Hell Ludwig and Whitt may retire by then. 

krindor
          Ute Fan
          @krindor

Worth noting that he’s apparently planning on a one year mission, so wouldn’t be missing three seasons, only two 

Which is the same as Clegg or anyone else serving a typical two year LDS mission

1 1

tanute3
            Ute Fan
            @tanute3

Lol what? 1 year missions aren’t really a thing

krindor
              Ute Fan
              @krindor

“Yeah, so it is traditionally two years,” Lyons said. “But it is a lot more flexible now than in the past it used to be like 15 or 20 years ago. It’s really like your own kind of deal. For Georgia, I’ve expressed to them it would be like around 12 to 17 months. 

“I have cousins out there in Norway who are members of the church and so it’s really like just helping the members of our faith and the LDS faith out there,” Lyons said. “It’s really just helping them out and trying to help people with Christianity and doing all sorts of services and good deeds.”

He will be helping kids out there. Running camps. Coaching them. Doing sports with them.

All taken from an interview he did with DawgNation…. https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/uga_signing_day_2022/walker-lyons-georgia-football-recruitng-utah-football-recruiting-all-american-bowl-man-of-the-year/OCVV6KLFAVCS7BCYEBOOQNQKHQ/

krindor
                Ute Fan
                @krindor

Also from that same article

“Like for me right now I really have like it down to [Southern Cal] talks to me a lot and maybe Stanford a little bit,” he said. “And I’d say Georgia and Utah are kind of the frontrunners right now. Just the way they use their tight ends. Those two schools are unique from anyone in the country really.”

He felt the advantages to play tight end at both Georgia and Utah are very similar. The schools play hard and physical football. He relishes that. They also play more “12′ and “13″ personnel than anyone else.

“Utah also has a top [30] recruiting class this year,” Lyons said. ‘Which never happens. So they are also doing really good things.”

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Well now if he was interviewed he can say Georgia will compete for a title. Next year and the year after that and after that.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Walker Lyons