Watched the UCLA game again focusing on defense.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

UCLA did a solid job on offense against Utah’s defense. Garbers kid is going to be a great QB. Brilliant move by KW taking the ball first and marching down for the score. Has to feel good for the first time in his career since 2008 he can rely on his offense with confidence while the defense heals and develops.

Defense right now is very young and has some key injuries to what few experienced players they have. Scalley and his crew are doing a hell of a job all things considered. Scalley is going to bring the heat and coverage confusion to Stanford’s QB. If Utah plays their game with minimal mistakes bringing high energy on Friday this game should be over early. Next year Utah’s defense is going to be scary good.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Considering the struggles of this team while still leading the P12 South, I’ve got to think we are a Top-15 team going into next season and 1-2 with Oregon for winning the P12. If we are this solid, while being this young, the future is very bright.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I think you’re right.

Look at this list of freshmen who have been impactful so far this year:

Money Parks, Devaughn Vele, Micah Bernard, Keaton Bills, Jaren Kump, Satoa Laumea, Kamoi Latu, Clark Phillips, Van Fillinger, Xavier Carlton, Karene Reid, Zemiah Vaughn, Aliki Vimahi, Faybian Marks

And here are the sophomores:

Cam Rising, Tavion Thomas, Braden Daniels, Malone Mataele, Andrew Matafa, JaTravis Broughton

The future is VERY bright. This team is young and will get much better.

salUTE
          Ute Fan
          @salute

Great list, UteFanatic

I would add two more names:

Freshman Junior Tafuna

Sophomore Paul Maile

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Watched the UCLA game again focusing on defense.