Watching the WR’s/CB’s on Periscope

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

One thing that stands out big time is the route running. So much crisper and cleaner. There were multiple times the WR’s just left the CB’s on the ground with broken ankles.

Also, Fakailoatonga is unguardable. We have an amazing secondary. And they couldn’t do anything about him. He will be amazing this year.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Good sign for sure. If they are still doing this once the pads come on I am going to be very bullish on our O this year.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Granted, it was 7 mins on a cell phone, but Fakailoatonga was so impressive. Big, great hands, quick, explodes out of his routes, defenders put their hands on him but couldn’t slow him down. So exciting.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am convinced that our receivers ran lazy routes the past couple years because they knew that Travis Wilson was not accurate beyond 10 yards. Occasionally they’d try when it was really needed, but for the most part they’d mail it in and that did not keep the defenses honest.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I agree. Route running and overall athleticism at WR is on the way up.  So excited for Siale. Really think he plays on sundays

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

We’re in great shape with our tight ends this year.  Blocking and pass catching.  Will be a big reason we could have a special year.  Heard Caleb Repp has impressed in camp so far at WR…so big and physical with great hands.  Not going to run by anyone but so difficult to match up with.  Dana is another who could find his way into the mix if he can adjust quickly to what they’re trying to teach him – has plenty of skill, hopefully he’s coachable because Coach H has gotten after him a few times already – good or bad sign I guess depending on how he responds.  Passing game will be improved…just how much will depend on Williams.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Watching the WR’s/CB’s on Periscope