We Are In Trouble

Viewing 6 reply threads

512Buckeye
      @512buckeye

Greetings from a Buckeye.

I’ve been very impressed with your team this year. I would bet the house on Utah coming out and smacking us in the mouth. Not to sound like an ass, but our season is over. We didn’t meet our expecations and now the Rose Bowl is standing in our way from turning the page to 2022. 

Good luck on 1/1, I hope it’s a fun game with lots of points (bet the over). Ohio State fans would love to have a home/home with y’all. Rice-Eccles looks like a lot of fun, especially at night.

Utah – 38

Ohio State – 35

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. That’s a concept I’d considered. You have to wonder about the mentality of a team who was hoping/expecting to be in the playoff and now they’re not.  On the flip side, this game is a huge one in the trajectory of Utah Football. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Look at Utah 2019. Ranked #5 going into the Pac-12 championship. It was probably a case that if the Utes won, they were in the playoff. They lost, and lost all motivation to play in the Alamo bowl, and we had players sit out. It sure seems that the playoff has dimmed the brightness of the non-playoff bowls. I hope it’s a good game too. If two of OSU’s receivers, Olave and Wilson, sit out, we could have an easier time, but OSU has a deep WR corps. The Utes have to pressure Stroud, and do it consistently and run the ball down their throats in order to win.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Hope that all of the best players show up.  Want to see both teams at full strength for this one.

Grew up with a friend whose family was originally from Ohio and had a dog named “Buckeye”  (and while he attended many of the Ute games with me in the 80s, was always also an Ohio State fan)

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

This is exactly why the playoff should be expanded. The NY6 is nice and all, but some teams simply won’t show up, mentally at least. And in the case of the 2019 Utes, they didn’t even make a NY6 bowl.

512Buckeye
      @512buckeye

I have a feeling that Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave may sit this one out. Both have an opportunity to go in the first round of the draft and Wilson being the first WR taken. I’d love to see them play one last time but wouldn’t fault them for taking care of their body.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Thanks for posting @512Buckeye. I too would imagine OSU is not nearly as excited to play Utah in the Rose Bowl as we are to play them. The Rose Bowl is a huge accomplishment and milestone for our program whereas we realize it’s all about the CFP for OSU and anything short of that is a disappointment.

Even if some star players like Olave and Wilson sit this one out we are still going to be outmatched by OSU’s superior talent/depth. But that’s ok, regardless of the situation, this is a dream come true for us. Would be great to hear more from you and any other fans leading up to the bowl game. Always enjoy the fan interaction. 

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

Thanks for stopping by – always enjoy interacting with fans of other teams. I would think, for players/fans of Ohio State, the expectation is CFP or bust evrry year. 

Due to the Urban connection I tend to root for Ohio St when they are playing in the playoffs. 

I def think it’ll be an uphill battle and will take a near flawless game from Utah to beat you guys. Stroud is a stud and you have off the charts talent that we just can’t quite match. Where we can make up some ground is with our D line which is pretty legit. I think where we will be in trouble is with our WR’s matched against your CB’s and vice versa, I think our corners will struggle with your elite WR play. 

Can’t wait for the game, even if we lose this has been an incredible season for us. Haha y’all have a gazillion Rose Bowl appearances but this is our first so we are all jacked. 

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

When Cal had Aaron Rodgers and Marshawn Lynch they were in position to go to the Rose Bowl until Mack Brown whined and got some voters to change their ballots the final week and Texas moved ahead. The Cal team was extremely disappointed and the performance in the Holiday Bowl where they got beat handily showed it. The only loss Cal had that year was to USC in LA.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

How well will Buckeye Fans travel to the Pasadena? Utah had a major advantage crowd wise in its wins against Oregon in SLC and Vegas. Crossing the Mandelay Bay bridge to Allegiant looked like 20 to 1 Ute to duck fans and Utah travels to Vegas well because it’s a close drive, somewhat. Duck fans were not too enamored about the PAC 12 championship game it looks like. SoCal isn’t too much further but definitely closer for Utah fans than Buckeye fans.  

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

The Ohio State fans will travel to the Rose Bowl.  They will fill half the stadium.  This is a whole different animal.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I don’t see “in trouble” the same way you do. TOSU has an insane amount of talent…the level we can only dream of. And unlike some of the other teams we’ve played that have comparable talent, you actually get yours to produce as a group. If guys like Olave choose not to play, I’m guessing you’ve got a couple 5-stars on the bench who are just dying to get on the field and show why they’re 5-stars.

We will have to play a really good game to beat you is what I’m saying.

Anyway, we’ll see you in Pasadena for the Urban Meyer Bowl…

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We Are In Trouble