ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Other good things include:

Great D in the 1st half.

Sacks were great.

Rising looked sharp in the first half.

Bad things:

Kuithe injury is a huge blow to this team.  Very sad for him.

Special teams kickoff coverage is terrible.

Red zone offense was a joke.

Too many dropped balls by the receivers.

Rushing offense against a terrible D did not look good.  It really hasn’t looked good all season.

Backup defenders are just not good.

I am not pleased overall with our play.  We need to play better if we want to win next week.  We have a lot of issues that OSU can exploit.  

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

Proud,

I particularly share your opinion of the rushing offense. The O’line did not open the holes I expected tonight. I don’t remember more than a handful of rushes where the runningback didn’t have to deal with the first level. Perhaps I’ve expected too much. It’s been hard not to compare with last season and expect a prolific offense. I have to keep reminding myself that every season is a new team but I still think there’s so much to build upon – even without Kuithe.

I hope this group continues to improve – especially the rushing offense and red zone offense.

On to Oregon State. It’s going to be a good one.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

We lead the pac 12 in rushing yards per game. “Hasn’t looked good all season” I’m sorry 208 rushing yards is not good enough for you 😂

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @utebiquitous

The statistics look good but I’m just not seeing the gashing runs we saw frequently last season. I may be expecting too much. Of course, there is plenty of time for context to settle in.

All I can write in my defense is the old Majerus quote – “statistics are like bikinis, they reveal as much as they conceal.”

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

What kind of an assessment is that?

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

205 yards rushing on 45 attempts with a 4.6 yard averge (with the#1 RB sitting for a half+).

Pretty sure the coaches will take that any day of the week.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We won and that’s good